Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > EFI and Forced Induction
User Name
Password

Old 02-20-2010, 09:40 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,076 Times in 384 Posts

Ken -- I will absolutely agree with you on your statement of "you get more stuff" (not those words). They have included in the system their fuel pump management which is what took me so long to discuss with them (we had just had a thread about burning thru pumps on here - so I was very interested to hear their "story")....

This system of fuel pump management seemed to be spot on - as it was vacuum / fuel pressure management rather than RPM based... and appeared to be well engineered.

But - what we're all really saying here is ---- THE BRAND NAME is mud. Like marketing professors will teach you. It takes only one event to ruin a name that took years to build up. Just ask Tiger Woods....

In this case -- all the CRAP PARTS that has their name on it - ruins (perhaps) the one good thing they have going.

I'm not trying to be mean - or product bashing - etc here.... I'm just saying it like TODD meant to.
Old 02-20-2010, 10:52 AM
Administrator

Thanked 1,443 Times in 625 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken67 View Post
With regard to the powerjection 3 the feature list is definatly greater than the FAST unit and its made in the USA. As far as the copy cat post FAST is the one ripping off the idea. Why pay more for less? I can understand the protest on the manifolds but the EFI is just plain better. I have tuned almost every system on the market and this is by far the easiest EFI on the out there. I am putting 750 at the wheels with one of these.(twin turbo 438W)Believe what you want about the company but you are selling yourself short overlooking this product.
really........ what injectors are you running? One of those couldn't get a big enough injector to support that much power. Never mind, I see in a previous post where you're running two units on your car to make the power and be able to get enough fuel. At that point there's not much cost savings........................

Jody

PAST CAR PROJECTS

Like Lateral-G on Facebook!

Follow Lateral-G on Instagram!

SPECIAL THANKS TO:
Jacob Ehlers and Amsoil for the lubricants and degreasers for my 70 Chevelle project
Shannon at Modo Innovations for the cool billet DBW bracket
Roadster Shop for their Chevelle SPEC Chassis
Dakota Digital for their Chevelle HDX Gauge Package
Painless Performance for their wiring harness

Ron Davis Radiators for their radiator and fan assembly.
Baer Brakes for their front and rear brakes

Texas Speed and Performance for their 427 LS Stroker
American Powertrain for their ProFit Magnum T56 kit
Currie Enterprises for their 9" Third Member
Forgeline for their GF3 Wheels
McLeod Racing for their RXT street twin clutch
Ididit for their steering column
Holley for their EFI and engine parts
Lokar and Clayton Machine for their pedals and door and window handles
Morris Classic Concepts for their 3 point belts and side mirrors
Thermotec for their heat sleeve and sound deadening products
Restomod Air for their Tru Mod A/C kit
Mightymouse Solutions for their catch can
Magnaflow for their 3" exhaust system
Aeromotive for their dual Phantom fuel system
Vintage Air for their new Mid Mount LS front drive
Hydratech Braking for their hydroboost system
Borgeson for their stainless steering shaft and u joints
Eddie Motorsports for their hood and trunk hinges and misc parts
TMI Products for their seats, door panels, and dash pad
Rock Valley Antique Auto Parts for their stainless fuel tank

Last edited by camcojb; 02-20-2010 at 10:58 AM.
Old 02-20-2010, 11:35 AM

I refuse to buy anything from them out of principle until they finish putting all the made in USA stuff out of business. I then may have to

Richard J.
If only I had the time talent and money to build everything in my head
Old 02-20-2010, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camcojb View Post
really........ what injectors are you running? One of those couldn't get a big enough injector to support that much power. Never mind, I see in a previous post where you're running two units on your car to make the power and be able to get enough fuel. At that point there's not much cost savings........................

Jody
Maybe they just need the dual quad option like FAST...then it's only $800 more
69 SS396 Camaro Coupe, 4link, 12bolt posi, Speedtech LCA and UCA's, Hotchkis 2" drop springs and sway bar, Ridetech triple remote resevoir coilovers, Bilsteins, Wilwood 6 piston front/4 piston rear, Magnaflow stainless exhaust, Lemons Headers, Comp rollers/p-rods/cam, Fikse 18x8.5 and 18x10
Old 02-22-2010, 12:41 AM

I used the product on my mustang and have followed along with the development. When i got a chance to do an install on my new 438 twin turbo i jumped at it and was extremly impressed. 11 psi and 750 hp. Virtually no tuning. I do not work for them (anymore!!)haha, but still believe in the product and would stand behind it. Most EFI works well when you know its ins and outs but this is a great system and I believe most can handle the install without profrssional help
Old 02-22-2010, 12:53 AM

I do not work for them "anymore!" The immage of the company may be questionable but the product works well and is worth its weight. I would recommend it to anyone as would anybody who used it. I admire brand loyalty but it seems there are shops pushing one product over another without knowing a true comparison. Seems like they are selling parts not relaying the best advice possible. Try it before you bash it is my only point OR just buy the hype and settle for less. Its easier that way
Old 02-22-2010, 06:06 PM
Supporting Vendor

I talked to a couple folks today and as far as they know, this unit is still foreign made. It does look like a lot of promise for the unit, but I would like to see a lot more real world unbiased use before jumping that way.

If you can tell me where they are made I would love to make a visit to the operation.

Mike Norris
Plainfield, IN 46168
407-616-2518
www.mikenorrismotorsports.com
[email protected]
Visit Our Facebook Page
Old 02-22-2010, 08:07 PM

If the units are still made by Retrotek, and I think they are, the information is on the Retrotek web site. I was looking at these before we spoke..

We have just moved to our new shop with a new phone number. The 951-737-2006 number will only be good through the end of January. Please make note of our new address and number.

Professional Products
C/O RetroTek Speed
12705 S. Van Ness Ave.
Hawthorne, Ca 90250

Phone: 323-599-5032
Fax: 323-754-1207
Old 02-22-2010, 08:22 PM

All electronics are made in the us as well as the full assembly and testing. The casting for the TB is made in China.
Old 02-22-2010, 08:51 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,076 Times in 384 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken67 View Post
I do not work for them "anymore!" The immage of the company may be questionable but the product works well and is worth its weight. I would recommend it to anyone as would anybody who used it. I admire brand loyalty but it seems there are shops pushing one product over another without knowing a true comparison. Seems like they are selling parts not relaying the best advice possible. Try it before you bash it is my only point OR just buy the hype and settle for less. Its easier that way

Great advice -- for something that might cost $50 or $100 -- but these systems don't fall in that "try it" category...

Where's the magazine articles with side by side comparisons -- or product testing - data - etc? That kind of stuff is what SELLS products... real world uses and testing and comparisons of comparable parts. That just might explain why people buy FAST... it's out there - it's been tested - it's been tuned - it works - and the more of them that are out there - the more they sell themselves...

Not trying to argue - just trying to "explain" the issue. So far - to date - YOU are the ONLY person I've ever talked to that uses the Professional Products/Retrotek system. I know probably 50 people or more that have FAST products installed.