Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 12-05-2018, 02:16 PM

You have had a lot going on! Glad to see you back on this. Thing is so bitchin.
2004 NASA AIX Mustang LS2 #14
1964 Lincoln Continental
2014 4 tap Keezer
Old 12-10-2018, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustomatic View Post
Great to see you back on track with this thing, Sean. It's just great to see an actual build thread going on here . . .

Ditto on the Summit shipping deal. Between no sales tax in Nevada and my proximity to Reno (next day free), I can say that Summit is my favorite store in the world. I feel a need to visit them in person once or twice a year, just to show I care.

As for the tune, given your engine setup, I can strongly recommend, as an extreme amateur with HPTuners, a stock 2010-11 Corvette Zr1 tune (for a baseline, not forever). It got me running and driving instantly (not necessarily safely--the timing advance levels are crazy in the stock zr1 tune) after a (LS9) cam, injectors (Deka 80s), and turbo on my 5.3. Converting to speed density was pretty easy, but finding accurate injector data was a chore (but done). Success here may of course depend on your cam and injector choices . . .

Here's to happy predictability!
I ordered in 2 fitting from my local speed shop last Wednesday for delivery Thursday, friday morning at the latest, stopped by friday night they have no idea what happened to them. They reordered on Friday, would be in Friday night no questions, stopped by Saturday morning.....we have no idea where they are or what happened. If I had ordered from Summit it would have been at my door on Thursday or Friday at the latest currently still waiting on them =) I try my best to order stuff locally but its getting harder and harder.

I am learning a lot about tuning but my buddy Ron is going to be the tuner on this one, he has tuned hundreds of cars and has a great skill set for this stuff as he really cares about things like hot start and driveability. Once we pulled the stock tune out, we compared the Cadillac tune with the truck tune and made changes between the two to end up with what was eventually loaded. Great pointers though man thanks for keeping an eye on the build and always giving some great input.

This is a total budget build for this site but I like you guys so I keep it going, I know it doesnt really fit the mold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash68 View Post
You have had a lot going on! Glad to see you back on this. Thing is so bitchin.
Its been insane dude, Thanks for the props I hope to get the chance to come down and run with you guys at least a few times this summer.

Didnt have much time to work on this turd over the weekend but did manager a few pretty nice steps of progress.

Hooked up power for the first time and no smoke so that was good.

Added Oil to the engine and it didnt all leak out of it.

We were able to turn the key on and check for things like fuel pump operation.....verified with a light not running the pump yet.

So we hooked up the computer and pulled the stock tune from it and Ron got to work building a tune and had the first one back to me on Sunday morning, I bought some credits for the first time, loaded a tune and checked a few things, throttle pedal operates, and gave her the gusto, she even cranked over!!!!!

I have a few things left to button up on the evap system from Mighty Mouse and still need to add fuel and check for leaks but should be able to test fire it on Wednesday night or Thursday of this week I am out of town all week until then.

I managed to pick up some seats from Rvolvo Asher that were damn close to what I was looking for yesterday after I chopped off some volvo axle brackets for him. Seats are a great fit in the car. It took a little work to fab up some brackets but they are pretty low profile and look great. Need some cleanup and powdercoat now.

I dropped them off at the upholstery shop yesterday and they are getting redone in dark brown leather with black double french stitch on the outers, black stitching on the center pleats and a small black embroidered RECARO logo where the plastic logo resides now. Adan has done all of my other seats and does a killer job.

I hope to keep progress on adding fluids and starting to nut and bolt things. Waiting on steering arms from Ben @ Kaplhenke Racing now to button up the front end.
The Following User Says Thank You to hackster For This Useful Post:
DBasher (12-10-2018)
Old 12-11-2018, 11:24 AM

New Carpet is ordered, floor mats and 3 yards of extra in case the rear seat gets deleted.

New window scrapers inner and outer are ordered from Dave Barton.

Fittings should be waiting for me when I get home tonight to finish the evap/mighty mouse catch can setup.

I drive a lot for work, been going back and forth to Bend, Eugene and Portland at least once a week for the past month and a half and we finally got some snow, so on my route yesterday I was messing around up in the snow to come across this BMW sideways stuck off the road and it was stuck......Toyota to the Rescue. Someone would have run across her soon enough but it was a fun little adventure. All I had was my tube bender handle to dig and a cheap ass harbor freight ratchet strap but I got her out and down a few miles to safety.

And an honorable to mention to TOYOTA. I bought this thing a year ago its a base model, 4 cylinder with a 5 speed that I tossed the TRD suspension, flares and wheels and tires on (All takeoffs with less than 100 miles for $800.00) Although its gutless on hills its been without a doubt the most solid built and reliable car I have ever owned. Believe it or not, the electonic limited slip works suprisingly well. 1 year and 25,000 miles.

I had chatted with a couple friends who happen to have a full CNC machine shop at their house about a crazy idea a few weeks ago. When Scott said he was up for it I was super stoked but I had no idea that it would turn out this good. Amazing work to say the least and its far too nice of a piece to go into my ****ty old 242. Thanks again Scott!!

It took a couple tries to make it perfect but its amazing in my opinion.

It will be getting blasted and anodized black to blend in perfectly into the dash. SO STOKED!!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hackster For This Useful Post:
gofastwclass (12-11-2018), jarhead (12-11-2018), syborg tt (12-21-2018)
Old 12-11-2018, 09:29 PM

Nice bezel! It's good to have friends in low places.

I love this build and all your others, they are just my style.
Old 12-11-2018, 09:53 PM

Wow, that bezel is awesome. The car’s humming along again in usual Hackster fashion!

The Toys -

1968 Camaro
1968 C10
1969 Dodge Sweptline
2014 Porsche 911 Carrera S (sold)
2009 Corvette ZR1
Old 12-12-2018, 03:27 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

looking good.
Bring it by the shop when its running.
Old 12-13-2018, 02:08 AM

That there is one fancy dash! You know, all you had to do was ask and I could have whipped up something similar...of course it’d be cardboard and spray foam but once it was painted you’d never know. Lol

When do the big tires go on?
Old 12-13-2018, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBasher View Post

When do the big tires go on?

We discussed this in Vegas, nevah...
Old 12-13-2018, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSLance View Post
We discussed this in Vegas, nevah...
Well at least it’ll be fast down the straightaway.
Old 12-13-2018, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBasher View Post
Well at least it’ll be fast down the straightaway.
Fat front heavy MuscleCar on 275s...being fast in sweepers and slaloms.

Small tire cars rule!!
The Following User Says Thank You to SSLance For This Useful Post:
DBasher (12-13-2018)