Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Wheel Gallery
User Name
Password

Old 11-07-2018, 02:33 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Vendor

Default Mike Dusold Wins the 2018 Optima Ultimate Street Car Invitational on Forgeline

Mike DuSold’s 1967 Chevrolet Camaro was crowned the 2018 OPTIMA Ultimate Street Car, at the 11th annual OPTIMA Ultimate Street Car Invitational, presented by Advance Auto Parts, at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, during the November 3-4 weekend.

Mike finished near the top overall in each of the four competition segments, including first place in the Lingenfelter Performance Design and Engineering Competition, second place in the PowerStop Brakes Speed Stop Challenge, and third place in the Detroit Speed Autocross. His performance throughout the 2-day competition placed him at the top of the Holley EFI GTL Class (in which his Camaro competes), and – more importantly – the sum of his performances earned him the overall win out of 98 total competitors.

”It feels pretty surreal to be the 2018 OUSCI winner,” said DuSold. “Five years ago, when I first started competing, it was my goal to someday win. A lot of my friends said I would never get here, and it was too hard of a goal to shoot for, but today I proved them wrong and did it. It’s been a challenge and has pushed me to the brink more than once, so getting here feels very good.”

Mike’s 2018 win marks the fifth year in a row that the OUSCI champion has ridden to victory on Forgeline wheels. In fact, Forgeline-equipped vehicles have won the Ultimate Street car title 8 times throughout the event’s 11 year history, including Steven Rupp’s ’68 Camaro in 2008, Mark Stielow’s ’69 Camaro in 2010, Todd Rumpke’s ’06 Corvette in 2011, Danny Popp’s ’03 Corvette in 2014, 2016, & 2016, and Ken Thwaits’ ’06 Mitsubishi Evo in 2017.

Mike’s incredible ’67 Chevrolet Camaro is powered by a twin-turbocharged MS3-injected 7.0L LS9 and rides on a completely custom suspension, JRi coilovers, Wilwood disc brakes, 335/30ZR18 BFGoodrich Rival S tires, and 18×12.5 Forgeline one piece forged monoblock CF1 Open Lug wheels with a Brushed & Clear Coated finish. You can see more of his winning machine in the Forgeline customer gallery at: https://forgeline.com/customer-gallery/mike-dusold/

Dayton, Ohio 45439
O: 937-299-0298 x12
F: 937-643-0070
[email protected]
www.forgeline.com

Join Our Newsletter Mailing List
The Following User Says Thank You to Forgeline Wheels For This Useful Post:
WILWAXU (11-08-2018)