Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > EFI and Forced Induction
User Name
Password

Old 09-04-2006, 02:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy1969
Have you ever watch the tv show called home inprovement (tool time) its all about more power . There nothing like pulling up to some prebby guy in his vette or porshe etc .looking over at him and girlfriend ( think there cool) and beening bitch slap by a REAL MUSCLE CAR .Thats whats its all about, old muscle with todays handling and power so the more power the better ,And looks of those twins under the hood!!
lmao
Old 09-04-2006, 02:30 PM

It's all about good looks!!

And Dyon queen bragging rights!!

(I only went on because of peer pressure and my buddies paid for it!!

I am more of a track number guy. Who cares how much power you make. How cool is the car and how fast is it!
Old 09-04-2006, 02:58 PM

Good looks pretty much sums it up, I think !
why do people workout, get breast implants,etc....Looks. sometimes that is what is most important to some!
Is it overkill or not needed...? Probably yes

A LS1/LS2 with turbos is not hard to make 1000 and just come easy these days.
Mini tub/AIR Ride
RMS Suspension
CURRENTLY FOR SALE !!!
Old 09-04-2006, 03:51 PM

hi Yody ...i want 1000HP!!! lol
Old 09-04-2006, 03:52 PM
Banned

I'd personally prefer a motor like JP put in his nova, a stroked NA LS2 or whatever. To be honest my daily driver is a turbo, its a slow-poke 87 nissan 300zx 3.0 six cylinder with a little T3 turbo at about 10PSI with no intercooler. I like the turbos and the car is fun with a 5 speed and posi.

You are taking this the wrong way though I think. I am not critisizing anyone. I put the 454 in my car because it makes good hp without any add-ons. I like big cubes. I've only driven the car a handfull of times(not really tuned either) and it was fast! But it was managable. Had a smooth power delivery up until about 6,800 rpm(scared to go higher on an unsorted new motor) It didn't kick out sideways at 80 mphs unexpectantly, although a gear change could possibly change that, and it is getting different gears.

I'm probably right at about 600hp, prob a little more. I couldn't imagine trying to get on it with 1000hp on the street. Just seems like trying to keep the car in control would be more trouble and less fun than something with 5-600hp that you could enjoy more with the tires sticking. Although if I did have 1000hp on tap, it would be fun to turn up the boost once in awhile just for ****s and giggles.

But honestly I just see cars getting built over to the max so far out, that it seems a little absurd. Most cars would be much more fuctional and FASTER with a more well rounded system. I would bet that stielows latest car would be faster than the mule, due to the more linear and smooth power delivery from the LS7, rather than the massive TTmotor in the Mule. I think charlie even said that the Mule was almost too slippery on the track. However I do recognize that a lot of the fun of this hobby is having too much! Not everyone is concerned with absolute function. I know this and that's cool! hey, its your car build it however you'd like and do whatever makes you enjoy it even more, but I thought a good post like this with the in's AND out's of building something with so much power might help some people

Last edited by fatlife; 09-04-2006 at 04:14 PM.
Old 09-04-2006, 03:53 PM

Default My wooden nickels worth...

While I have absolutely no interest in making 1000hp or even having my car make that (sorry for the old guy joke, couldn't help it! ) I do appreciate the work that it takes to get there. While it may sound a bit corny, I actually see building these cars as an art form. While people like myself consider a 1920's era poster of a monkey kicking back a bottle of alcohol "art" I also consider a well engineered machine a piece of art. Made even cooler by the fact that it aslo DOES something as opposed to just sitting there. Cars like anything that Mark Stielow has laid his hands on and FUEL interest me because they are so well engineered and defintely push a design envelope. 20 or even 10 years ago, a 1000hp truly streetable car was UNHEARD of, yet Mule is a living breathing example of that. I'd also be willing to bet that more than 1 or 2 people on these pages also have a thing for guns and watches too!
Old 09-04-2006, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy1969
Have you ever watch the tv show called home inprovement (tool time) its all about more power . There nothing like pulling up to some prebby guy in his vette or porshe etc .looking over at him and girlfriend ( think there cool) and beening bitch slap by a REAL MUSCLE CAR .Thats whats its all about, old muscle with todays handling and power so the more power the better ,And looks of those twins under the hood!!
While I dont think thats all of it for everyone it certainly does add a lot of emotion to the deal which is a lot of what theese cars are about.

And if we were all about function and speed we would all have c5s as 95% of the cars here have way more than the cost of a base c5 in parts and labor.

Also as nitro was saying a 1khp turbo car is VERY different than even a 600hp na or supercharged car. They love small overlap cams (read stock idle) and if you dont want the power its not there but when you do its there every time, kinda like having automatic nitrous.
Old 09-04-2006, 03:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gEtyOpAPiOn
hi Yody ...i want 1000HP!!! lol
what are you willing to do for it???
Old 09-04-2006, 03:58 PM
Banned

and BTW maybe I'm just a weenie and can't handle the power!!!!!
Old 09-04-2006, 03:59 PM

well its just fun to have 1000hp on a engine that runs on pump gas still gets 20mpg at least its reliable ....no adjustments needed ....quiet like hell and the power is as easy as turning up the volume hehe

best of all ...that sleeper status