Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Introductions > Member/Project/Vehicle Introductions
User Name
Password

Old 01-01-2017, 01:20 PM

Very cool car, I live by Summit so I've seen it several times. Are you planning on taking it to Super Summit at Norwalk this year?
Old 01-01-2017, 01:29 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertH View Post
Very cool car, I live by Summit so I've seen it several times. Are you planning on taking it to Super Summit at Norwalk this year?
Thanks! I plan to take it to events here in California, but no real plans to take it elsewhere. I'm hoping to never trailer it again, and I can't see going cross country with maybe 120 miles per tank of gas. But maybe one day it would be cool to go to some events around the country.
Old 01-01-2017, 02:20 PM

Congrats to you, and a job well done on the updates. I always liked this paint scheme. But the wheel/tire change as well as the new interior look GREAT!

I saw the car at the NSRA Nats when in Syracuse in 1995-6. It was purple then. Was a wild ahead of its time car back then, although that paint was horrid. Somewhere I have pics form that event.

Glad its in good hands where it will get used and enjoyed.

1955 Chevy BelAir
1951 Chevy 3100
1987 Chevy R10

Glenn
Old 01-01-2017, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss 5.0 View Post
Congrats to you, and a job well done on the updates. I always liked this paint scheme. But the wheel/tire change as well as the new interior look GREAT!

I saw the car at the NSRA Nats when in Syracuse in 1995-6. It was purple then. Was a wild ahead of its time car back then, although that paint was horrid. Somewhere I have pics form that event.

Glad its in good hands where it will get used and enjoyed.
Thanks! We struggled over making major changes, but needed to update it a bit. The paint still looks great 16 years later - thankfully it was not wild like when it was purple and yellow. If you have any pics, would love to see them. I'm putting together a website and Facebook page for the car to preserve it's history. Already talked to Troy at SEMA in 2015 about it, and he had some fun stories about his parents when they took it on the road.
Old 01-01-2017, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desids View Post
Thanks! We struggled over making major changes, but needed to update it a bit. The paint still looks great 16 years later - thankfully it was not wild like when it was purple and yellow. If you have any pics, would love to see them. I'm putting together a website and Facebook page for the car to preserve it's history. Already talked to Troy at SEMA in 2015 about it, and he had some fun stories about his parents when they took it on the road.
It will take some digging, but I will find them and get them to you. Probably not the best pics, but they are yours when I find them.

1955 Chevy BelAir
1951 Chevy 3100
1987 Chevy R10

Glenn
Old 01-01-2017, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss 5.0 View Post
It will take some digging, but I will find them and get them to you. Probably not the best pics, but they are yours when I find them.
Awesome. Whenever you have time, I'm in no hurry to get the website setup - it will take a lot of time and research to get all of the facts straight.
Old 05-30-2017, 09:04 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Vendor

Awesome car, spent a lot of time with it on Power Tours and shooting it for Hot Rod TV a million years ago. Congrats!
Muscle Car Of The Week
V8 Radio Podcast

All about us:
https://www.v8speedshop.com

Old 05-30-2017, 11:34 PM

If you have pictures of it on the tour, would love to get some. I believe Troy's parents took it on the tour, so would like to see pictures with them if you come across any.
Old 06-01-2017, 08:13 AM

Awesome ride. If it were mine I would need seats with headrests, or I would get constant whiplash from accelerating every time I drove it

Last edited by Interceptor5588; 06-01-2017 at 08:17 AM.
Old 08-21-2018, 02:14 PM

Thanked 1,546 Times in 850 Posts

Hi Desi,

I have been cleaning my attic office and I found a stack of Quadra Due Brochures from Summit Racing. Do you have any interest in them. If so I would be more then happy to ship them to you.

Projects - Syborg TT 4.3l v6 Mini-Truck, 2nd Chance Camaro & SLP575 Bumble Bee - 4Sale