Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 03-19-2019, 12:17 AM

That LSX badge looks great... subtle but righteous.
2004 NASA AIX Mustang LS2 #14
1964 Lincoln Continental
2014 4 tap Keezer
Old 03-19-2019, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSLance View Post
Nice work! Looks great out in the wild...

How are the driver comfort ergonomics inside? All good?
Thanks Lance,

Ergos are damn good. Might have to mess with accelerator placement for heel toe action and shifter needs to go a hair to the passenger side, its awkwardly close to the driver but those are very minor adjustments if you ask me. Suprisingly good seating position and very comfortable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustomatic View Post
Glad to see you made it to the next stage, Sean. We had the same plan on Saturday, but I actually made it to the cars & coffee in Folsom; it was Mercedes AMG and GTR club day, so I totally fit in. I only had to jump my Falcon's motorcycle battery, and it was on. It was funny seeing people ignore the nice Aston Martin next to my monstrosity . . .

You'll be making smoke for sure by next weekend. I highly recommend Borla for that whole muffler noise/age problem. Mine (single 3") only makes noise at the right time: when the car is making power and huffing lots of air.
I might have to look into a Borla, what muffler do you have on your car specifically?

You going to be around for the weekend of the 30th? Thinking of jamming down for Pleasanton Good Guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash68 View Post
That LSX badge looks great... subtle but righteous.
Thanks, you nailed it, subtle but righteous. =)

Dan the Hater????

Well, one wheel showed up last night.....Hope for the other three today and of course I am out of town on work.

Tires show up today, hoping to test fit tomorrow night and get tires on later this week.

Crappy pics dont do the wheels justice. Matte black inner and outer barrels, matte metallic brown centers. Have caps just not installed in the pics.

Old 03-19-2019, 01:10 PM

Muffler is a Borla ProXS--best I've ever had. Mounting at the rear-most point in the exhaust stream seems to help some too, as does having a turbo, but whatever. My stupid hotrod muffler usage dates back to having early Flowmasters back in 1993 or so on a 400 Firebird. Age and annoyance have proven the Borla in my ears.

Send me a DM or PM or whatever they call it when you're going to be down here. I'm guessing I'll be around, which is pretty much the deal every day.

Wheels look nice--love the continuation of the color theme. They are slightly reminiscent of the stock wheels on my e39 . . .
Old 03-19-2019, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotI View Post
'He' wasn't wrong. His opinion was different.
Eggzachery, thank you. Good or bad I’ll tell ya what I think, especially if I’m asked. Thank sweet baby Jesus the hood didn’t get painted brown, just my opinion.

I’m feeling a bit like Oprah today, maybe it was the big lunch.

Dave, you get a 🖕🏼

Sean you get a 🖕🏼

Paul, feel free to correct my englishing.

Old 03-19-2019, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustomatic View Post
Muffler is a Borla ProXS--best I've ever had.
I've got a single 4.5" Borla (not sure which one) and I love the sound it makes with the LS.
2004 NASA AIX Mustang LS2 #14
1964 Lincoln Continental
2014 4 tap Keezer
Old 03-21-2019, 01:33 PM

I have looked into the Borla but they only have an offset in and out, not sure I can make that work but its worth a shot.

I was really trying to stick with something that was not packing based but also need to get it all buttoned up too.

Back from out of town but have a jacked up finger now so not much is going to happen. Having a tough time even updating the build thread :wtf:

Received one more wheel on Tuesday night and it happened to be a front so I got the wheels all test fit on the car. Like a glove. It was a ton of work to get things all measured up but totally happy with that choice in the end.

For tires I was dead set on Rivals but upon further reading of them overheating on track days and getting greasy when hot I decided to go with the RE71R, Tires are at 503 awaiting the last wheels to show up.

Hope they arrive today as per my fedex updates.

Been trying to figure out a catch can with no luck. so I am tackling building one on my own that will be perfect shape and size for my needs, also no rad cap.

Still learning on the tig stuff, small cylindrical pieces are very hard still with filler, no problem on fusion like the outside weld.

This will tuck in behind the radiator support at the passenger headlight area and have a drain to ground if needed.

Sean
Old 03-21-2019, 08:18 PM

Sean, this car gets better with every update.

I liked the concept of the interior when you first mentioned it. Now that I see it all together I really think you have a hit. The whole car is very professional and sophisticated even though it's got a cage, big tires and LSx power.

The wheels look like a perfect match to the theme and take the interior to the outside. Way cool.
hackster (03-22-2019)
Old 03-22-2019, 08:36 AM

Wheels come in yet?
Old 03-22-2019, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofastwclass View Post
Sean, this car gets better with every update.

I liked the concept of the interior when you first mentioned it. Now that I see it all together I really think you have a hit. The whole car is very professional and sophisticated even though it's got a cage, big tires and LSx power.

The wheels look like a perfect match to the theme and take the interior to the outside. Way cool.
Thanks man, the compliments are much appreciated and yes I was shooting for the entire package, not just a ****ty car with a big engine in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSLance View Post
Wheels come in yet?
........... Not yet. Should be delivered this afternoon from what the FedEx website says.

Very little work done last night but did manage to get my over flow all buttoned up.

The idea was for it to be tucked way back in behind the headlight and have a very clean look to it. I think I pulled it off pretty well. Shot it with some VHT Wrinkle black which is my go to for this kind of stuff it has proven to be very durable in the past.

Still waiting on the other 2 wheels to show up, hopefully today.

Sean
Old 03-22-2019, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackster View Post
Very little work done last night but did manage to get my over flow all buttoned up.

The idea was for it to be tucked way back in behind the headlight and have a very clean look to it. I think I pulled it off pretty well. Shot it with some VHT Wrinkle black which is my go to for this kind of stuff it has proven to be very durable in the past.
Very well. That is clean.
The Following User Says Thank You to ScotI For This Useful Post:
hackster (03-22-2019)