Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 10-30-2013, 11:41 PM

Next weekend sounds good to me. After testing them out we can walk over to Black sheep and get a few of those Austin Beers Dave and Rob love so much too. With the weather right now you wouldn't want to bring TOW our on the streets. Flood warnings are going off every 15 min and I've run my Falken's in standing water. It's not very fun. I'll most likely end up ordering some mini tubs before the weekend is over but will wait before cutting the car up.
Old 10-30-2013, 11:46 PM

Just found an 06 GTO for sale compete with the 6.0 but with a rebuilt title from rear impact (but repaired). Price is pretty cheap. If I keep the engine, computer and harness and sell off the rest of it does anyone know what the going rate for the shell including auto trans, leather interior and everything else would be?
Old 10-31-2013, 05:28 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

The last piece I picked up was a dual vent for my fuel tank and rear axle from from Finch. Just got it today and the piece looks very nice in person. I can't wait to get it installed Brian was very busy with SEMA and Baja but made time to call me up and chatted for a while about car setups and all the fun he'll be having over the next few weeks.

car is coming very nicely,you will be satisfied with Brians vent,put one in mine with fuel tank and rear axle and works great
Old 10-31-2013, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbuff View Post
From past experience, it's pretty tough to get a 315 to fit without cutting a wheel well lip and pounding in the seat buckle bump if you have one. Even then, it's still tight, but the panhard will help. We'll stick one up and see what it looks like to you. Maybe next weekend if you can wait that long?
Our 'birds have more room than Camaros fwiw...
Hoodpins.com, Inland Empire Driveline, Billet Accessories Direct, Modo Innovations, AutoRad Radiators, Morris Classic Concepts, Marquez Design, Anvil Auto, Fesler Billet, US Collision (DOOM), AGR, Pro-touringF-body.com, Phoenix Transmission Products, Shiftworks, ACC Carpet, Hedman Hedders, BMR Fabrication, American Autowire, MityMounts, TIN INDIAN Performance, Kauffman Racing Equipment, Pypes, RobbMc Performance, WMC, Holley, NOS, PST
Old 10-31-2013, 07:59 AM

You can fit a 295 in the rear with out mini tubs, I have them on mine and still have the leafs in the car. If you roll the lips you have some room.

[SIGPIC]https://neversaynever0304.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/you-didnt-see-anything.gif[/SIGPIC]
Old 10-31-2013, 08:02 AM

Here's a few pictures

[SIGPIC]https://neversaynever0304.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/you-didnt-see-anything.gif[/SIGPIC]
Old 10-31-2013, 09:51 AM

I put an 04' GTO LS1 in mine, it will have clearance issues from the accessories as the alternator is down low, will hit pitman arm. Only substitute is to use the bird pitman arm, but will affect your steering set-up. Reread your suspension thread in the suspension section as Blake and Bonzo had things to say about it.
You can swap out the accessoriies with some truck stuff or a newer F body. I haven't done it yet as i may/most likely will be doing the clip.....

Let me know if you have any questions, btw mine is a 70' Cam...

Mike

Oh, and if you'd asked me two months ago about my LS swap, i would have said dont do it, but after driving it too texas from Bay Area, no question i made the right decision and got 24.8 mpg at 80mph with 3:73' and T-56....
Old 10-31-2013, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDFLM View Post
Our 'birds have more room than Camaros fwiw...
Agreed. My last car that I tried to fit them on was a 70 Camaro, and that was the one that was so tight...
Old 10-31-2013, 01:48 PM

The 295's fit in there nicely but of course I need to push my limits and get as big as I can. My wheel wells are already rolled and the leafs are now gone so I have some more space. It still looks like I'll be ordering some tubs.

If I get the GTO for a good pricing I could change out the accessory drive as needed to make it fit. I need to decide by Friday night if I'll be going down that path since I assume the car won't last too long. It's would only be worth it if I could get the engine other parts for basically a net cost of 0.
Old 10-31-2013, 01:59 PM

Thanked 1,579 Times in 858 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerno View Post
The 295's fit in there nicely but of course I need to push my limits and get as big as I can. My wheel wells are already rolled and the leafs are now gone so I have some more space. It still looks like I'll be ordering some tubs.

If I get the GTO for a good pricing I could change out the accessory drive as needed to make it fit. I need to decide by Friday night if I'll be going down that path since I assume the car won't last too long. It's would only be worth it if I could get the engine other parts for basically a net cost of 0.
The BFG KDW 295 is wider then most 315's so don't just read the numbers on the sidewalls. Another example is the 335 BFG is wider the 345 Michelin

Projects - Syborg TT 4.3l v6 Mini-Truck, 2nd Chance Camaro & SLP575 Bumble Bee - 4Sale