Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Off Topic Forums
User Name
Password

Old 02-06-2018, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post
It can take several days to complete these transfers.....

So did you see CASH in the accounts ---- or did you just find nothing??
No,did not cash in, just found nothing, they are transfering from one to the other, they show nothing in either, they told us there would be like a black out for a few days which is happening, I am just wondering when it comes back online, how can there be a loss if the funds were not in the market ?
I am sure this is not the first time something like this has happened.
Old 02-06-2018, 07:53 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,077 Times in 385 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVA View Post
No,did not cash in, just found nothing, they are transfering from one to the other, they show nothing in either, they told us there would be like a black out for a few days which is happening, I am just wondering when it comes back online, how can there be a loss if the funds were not in the market ?
I am sure this is not the first time something like this has happened.

You are invested in whatever you had before -- the transfer has NOTHING to do with what you owned -- this is simply a paperwork transfer from one brokerage to the other. Trust me - when you open your account when they finally post your holdings -- you'll either be up or down depending on what the market has done. You did not escape the carnage -- nor would you have dodged the UP market if that happened instead.

The good news is -- you're in a blackout period -- so it probably will save you from following all the lemmings that are selling instead of buying. Retail investors always buy at the top - and sell lower.... LOL It's why the rich get richer and the average guy loses money. They never quite figure out you buy low and sell high.

There are instances where one brokerage can't or doesn't have a product that the other one has - in those instances the shares are sold and the cash is transferred to the new account. You would have been told and would have had to agree to that happening.
Old 02-06-2018, 09:40 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
The good news is -- you're in a blackout period -- so it probably will save you from following all the lemmings that are selling instead of buying. Retail investors always buy at the top - and sell lower.... LOL It's why the rich get richer and the average guy loses money. They never quite figure out you buy low and sell high.

There are instances where one brokerage can't or doesn't have a product that the other one has - in those instances the shares are sold and the cash is transferred to the new account. You would have been told and would have had to agree to that happening.

This is for sure true, when it does finally get there it will go into a single fund (they picked) and then after that I can change my selection to a different choice if I chose, there 25 different funds and I believe there is only one that was the same/similar in both Vanguard and Fidelity, everything else is different.

Thank you Greg!
Old 02-06-2018, 10:49 AM

I don't know about everyone else, but right now it feels a little like Black Friday shopping! I feel good about my investments at last weeks prices, so seeing them take a hit over the past two days just feels like a great opportunity to add to my positions.

It's fun to watch your market value go up-up-up, but I enjoy these pull-backs because it gives me an opportunity for some bargains.
Old 02-06-2018, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU Doc View Post
I don't know about everyone else, but right now it feels a little like Black Friday shopping! I feel good about my investments at last weeks prices, so seeing them take a hit over the past two days just feels like a great opportunity to add to my positions.

It's fun to watch your market value go up-up-up, but I enjoy these pull-backs because it gives me an opportunity for some bargains.

I had raised cash (selling in to strength) to a tad over 2MM ----- and yesterday and today wrote several limit orders to buy. Some got executed and some are open.... and I've bought some stuff at market just because I wanted to add to my holdings and the prices were "fine".

So I bought - over two days - 1MM -- and then sold a tiny bit of a winner and raised my cash back up to 1.44MM -- Because this isn't over.... I prefer to always be ready to seize on an opportunity when presented.

Some of my holdings are SO OLD (20 years - or 10 years - or 5 years) that I've been averaging UP nibbling here and there.... but I have NOT been buying at the top of the market for months now. I was happy with this bit of a blow off to put some dough to work. Interesting market -- but I don't think the selling is done.
Old 02-06-2018, 01:51 PM

Any thoughts on ETP.......keep buying below $20?
1995 Trans-AM
Old 02-06-2018, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87SS View Post
Any thoughts on ETP.......keep buying below $20?

Very hard to discuss individual stocks and what to do or not. It's not what this thread is about. Just sayin'

Personally I hold this in two different accounts --- I'm way ahead in one account and way down in the other (10,000 shares in one -- 5,000 in the other).... I have averaged the one holding down a couple times in an effort to get it closer to where it's trading.

I would not try to game KMI or ETP. If you own it - I'd hold - it pays a great dividend.... and about all a guy can do is hope and pray they don't cut it (would be the kiss of death for the company and stock).

Last edited by GregWeld; 02-06-2018 at 03:39 PM.
Old 02-07-2018, 08:28 AM

Thanked 1,324 Times in 495 Posts

on the lighter side...
https://youtu.be/lQegMA_kY9Y
Old 02-09-2018, 09:15 AM

Thanks Charley - because this video is absolutely PERFECT!!

Old 02-09-2018, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Thanks Charley - because this video is absolutely PERFECT!!

Thanks for the laugh Greg. I feel 1% or less of portfolio is ok.