Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 01-28-2008, 07:02 PM

Been a rough few weeks here. We found out what caused the ear infection in my son. If anyone has heard of RSV my son had a bad case of it. He had a high fever, and a horrible respiratory infection. Basically every moment I had where I wasn't at work was spent with him lying beside me so I could see if he stopped breathing or turned blue. Yesterday he was pretty much through with it, but guess who has a cold now....yep, me! This weekend will be a work weekend, though. TV crew from Cruise Control is coming to film us, so we'll get a lot done.

We also got our first donation from Iraq! A guy in one of the local clubs heard we needed a fuel cell so he sent us a new Summit 16gal cell with fuel sender and mounting kit!
Old 01-29-2008, 02:37 AM
Supporting Member

Your unwavering determination and dedication to the project is admirable.

Keep up the good work.

Best Regards,

Ty O'neal
Ty O'Neal
"She Devil" aka. Betty
1969/70 Camaro SS
427 LS3, 600
Keisler Road and Track T-56
Full size 3 link and custom roll cage
315mm tires on rear, should fit the same on front. Worked to design a more effective shape.
======================
"Chester's '65"
1965 Buick Riviera
Aiming for true PT Status with
the best available from the 70's and 80's
======================
Old 01-29-2008, 09:41 PM

More goodies! Ron Davis Racing Products hooked us up with an LS1 swap radiator with fans and shroud and all the goodies!

Old 01-30-2008, 08:36 AM

Comming along great, i only wish i was closer to help, just keep thinking the end is now closer than before..
Barry
Old 01-30-2008, 09:54 AM

Bryan, looks like your making super progress. The car has come a long way since I saw it in the fall! All the little stuff takes so much time, glad to see your knocking it out while it's cold outside. Can't wait to see the final product.
Mills
Old 01-30-2008, 06:44 PM

I hear ya, Barry! You started me out in the right direction with the car.

I really hope to get a ton done this weekend, too. Things have been going together nicely so far.
Old 02-24-2008, 10:28 PM

Sorry for the long delay in posting! After my son finally started feeling better I got sick for a few days, but then I got a serious case of Sinusitis that had me all messed up for a long time. I couldn't even walk for a few days my equilibrium was so messed up and then for a couple of weeks after that I was still a little bit wobbly, so I wasn't supposed to be working in the shop. And then, of course, my computer died. Got a new computer now, though! Now I am back and running, literally! Just got word that Shawn's group got fast-tracked and he is coming home on April 20th! AWESOME news for all of us, but I am in a total rush now, especially after losing a month to being sick! I am going to try my hardest to get this thing done, but I am not sure if I can do it. Worst case Shawn and I finish the car together, which would be something very cool as well. With our budget and all, it is going to be a squeeze. If anyone wants to come help out on any weekend, or if anyone has any parts or anything they can help us out with, please let me know! If you offered parts and I haven't gotten back to you, I will get with you soon. I need all the help I can get in any way you can help us!

So here are some photos of my day in the shop!

Mocked up the Wilwood clutch master cylinder. I'm going to relocate the fuse panel down and out a little bit and modify the clutch linkage to work with this MC, but this should work out perfectly.

Upper a-arms powdercoated semigloss black with Prothane bushings installed. Thanks to HRT Performance for fighting the old bushings out and sticking the new ones in! Didn't even scratch the powdercoat! That's why they are the only machine shop I trust!

IROC steering box donated by a guy in Carolina F-body Club. All painted up and clearcoated in gunmetal.

Got the hinges mounted on the doors:

Worked on setting up the rear frame and suspension. Gotta basically start from scratch. I need help with this if anyone local wants to come and do it for me!
Old 02-24-2008, 10:29 PM

And finally, the sweet remote trunk release that Modo Innovations donated to the project!

Tomorrow night I'm going to do some more work and try and get some more photos.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:44 PM

OK, got some updates! Got the gauges mocked up in there. The white circle in the middle I was going to use for another gauge, but I decided to use that spot for a few LEDs for turn signals and the like. I'm gonna mount the nitrous pressure gauge right into the dash somewhere. I have an idea, but not set yet. I have since painted the bezel semigloss black, so we'll see what I decide once I get the gauges in and in the car.

Also had some rust and some spots that I wanted to remove to smooth out the firewall. We cut out a small section of the firewall and I'm going to weld in a piece of metal there and smooth it over. I'm going to relocate the wiring bulkhead to under the fender to keep the clutter to a minimum in the engine bay.

Temporary tacked thin metal.

And I had good help, too. My good friend Russ dropped by and had some fun with the angle grinder.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:45 PM

My best friend also dropped by and sandblasted some parts for me, so last night I powdercoated them in semigloss black. These parts were ROUGH, so they came out pretty good for what I had to start with!