Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Transmission and Rear End
User Name
Password

Old 11-09-2018, 09:15 AM

Great question Simon. I called McLeod tech support to ask them for an answer. They stated the pedal stop is via fluid pressure from the throwout bearing.
Old 11-10-2018, 10:12 AM

Corey, thanks. I hope whoever Tech personnel you spoke to knows his product, maybe they've done the research with their 69 setup and this is accounted for. Maybe I'm over thinking this?
Reason why I asked is because other companies mention pedal stops, here a snippet from a Tilton install procedure.

CLUTCH PEDAL STOP
A positive clutch pedal stop must be used to prevent over-stroking the hydraulic release bearing
piston and the clutch. For access reasons, in many cars it is not easy to determine how far the
master cylinder is being stroked.
The method listed below provides a very effective method for adjusting the pedal stop:
1. Lift the drive wheels off the ground and support the car on jack stands.
2. With the engine off, place the gearbox in first gear and have someone attempt to rotate the
drive wheels.
3. Depress the clutch pedal slowly until the clutch disengages and the drive wheels can be
rotated.
4. Adjust pedal stop to allow another 1/4" of pedal travel. This should provide clean release of
the clutch. Do not stroke the pedal any further than this point throughout this procedure,
otherwise you will over-stroke the clutch

Anyways check in with us/ me and post your progress.
Old 11-10-2018, 12:27 PM

Simon -

Those instructions appear to be for a Tilton pedal which is a very nice piece, but is not included in the master cylinder kit. The factory setup does not have a pedal stop.
The instructions for the Detroit Speed brackets (which use a Tilton MC) state to drill the factory pedal, and there was no mention of a pedal stop. I don’t think factory LS cars came with a pedal stop either.