Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 12-23-2004, 09:16 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Question Anyone read the latest Chevy Rumble?

Hi I'm the new guy here and I hail fron Central Washington State, you guys have a awesome site here, I hvae been over at Team Camaro and Pro-Touring here and found this site through Scott. My present car is a 69 Camaro RS/SS convertable pro-tourer. Anyway enough about me and to my question, I was reading a Chevy Rumble and saw a story about 21st Centurys new subframe for 1st gens that uses C5 components, they also are going to make subframe conectors, and rear frame rails. www.21stcenturystreetmachines.com Does anyone know about these and how they are? I was planning on going Wayne Due this winter but who knows now? Any thoughts for a newbie?
Thanks and Merry Christmas to all!!
Old 12-23-2004, 09:37 PM
Administrator

You've come to the right place. Dr. Bednar, owner of 21st CSM, is a member here and stops by often. I just got an e-mail from him on Tuesday, he's keeping up with the site. I'm sure he will see this post an jump in.

Here are a few pics that he has sent me of the subframe:

https://lateral-g.net/products/21...StreetMachines

Payton King, also a member of our forums, is getting a 21st CSM subframe, so hopefully we'll have plenty more pics.

EDIT: I saw what went down on the other board, and I'm not going to let that happen here. If it doesn't stay civil, I'll lock this thread.

My LS7 69 Camaro

Last edited by XcYZ; 12-24-2004 at 08:48 AM.
Old 12-24-2004, 08:59 AM

Out of my range, but beautiful product!! Welcome new Dude!!
Old 12-30-2004, 07:51 AM

Default 21st Century Street Machines

The web site is up and running.Find it at www.21stcenturystreetmachines.com. You can check out the subframe connectors and our madrel bent rear frame rails for our mini tub kit. David Conrade's car is getting the rear mini tub kit in it as we speak. Paytons car will not be getting this but he still plans to run C6 wheels. Going to be a bit of a squeeze in the rear. Got our gas tanks avaialble as well. Same tank serves carb or you can switch it over to EFI. No need to switch tank. It is narrowerand fits between the mini tub rails. These cars should be on the road this spring. You can e-mail me at [email protected] Thanks Ed
Old 12-30-2004, 08:00 AM
Administrator

Great website, Ed. It's a huge improvement over what you had before.

My LS7 69 Camaro
Old 12-30-2004, 09:34 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Vendor

Nice job Ed.
I like the detailed information about your subframes. I'd like to see even more detail about suspension geometry.

Does the dropped version require rad support mods? Why not build a drop frame version that has more "Z" (aka kickup) in the frame rails rather than using 2x3 rails? I have a early ARDF C4 subframe and have always maintained that the "ultimate" subframe would have more Z to raise the LCA inner pivot points thereby lowering the car without compromising the camber curve.

Ridetech.com
Old 12-30-2004, 02:15 PM

Default Drop version

The drop version was a natural extension off of our exsisting jig without having to do too much more than go to the 2X3 and modifying the rad support on the subframe. Still bolts the stock sheet metal except for the stock inner wheelwells. So still relatively easy install except firewall and trans tunnel mods. Expect more on the geometry and explanations with our recs for changes when we have hard data.I'll make sure everyone has access to this and I know I'll also learn from those with the frame as they experiment. Thanks. Ed
Old 12-30-2004, 03:02 PM

Thumbs up

You might take a look at martz chassis that is what i run my camaro works like a champ . www.martzchassis.net ask for gary .

rick kirkindall