Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Events > Community Events
User Name
Password

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-22-2012, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post
Yeah -- they brought it back because who in their right mind was going to sell a 150K car for 50K -- and the last couple years the bidding was pretty dang poor... so consigners were going elsewhere.

Now -- after this auction - it appears the buyers are back...
BJ still has the best of the best of what is going to Auction. I'm not sure how or why some of those guys sold some of the cars they did. Things must be slow for Ron Pratt in Az. The Macintyer guy (the one with the pens), Kenny says is the turbine motorcycle guy ( http://www.marineturbine.com/motorcycles.asp ), He sure spent some cash that is for sure.

It was really good to see some nice custom cars go for big money. 269 for Razor is strong money. 400K for the ridler vette is great. 250K for Poteet's pickup is weak but probably the most money ever for a pick up truck. The effort in that truck will never be appreciated. There were some other shockers like the RS challenger, Last year 175 this year 75K. I wonder why the new owner sold it, or was it an emissions deal like Prodigy's Firebird that BJ owned. Seems kinda soon to see that resurface.

BJ needs to hire Kenny, Greg, Scott and myself to be announcers for the custom cars and have Doug Renner be the spokes model in front of the camera. Those announcers are just plain stupid, even my wife was correcting them while watching. They also should just make the auction screen smaller and view the commercials side by side so just like a Nascar race you don't miss any of the cars going across the block. I don't think I got to see any car I wanted to see cross the block. Maybe George Lange's 32 that they said Boyd Coddington built, when it was just a Boyd body, Bobby Alloway built the car.