Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Events > Track and Driving Events
User Name
Password

Old 02-14-2010, 07:07 PM
Site Sponsor

OK guys, this has been a tough week to pull all this together so quickly but time was not on our side. I have set up a new website that will serve not only as a registration spot for all events I put on, but will also cover the other ones that I attend with pictures, and talk about those events.
Please click here www.octaneforyourbrain.com to register for the 1st annual El Toro event. The cost is $150. It will be April 2-4, 2010, so as you can see, the sooner you register the better. I am limiting the number of registrations to 65 cars, so please, if you want in, please register now. You will have a spot as you go thru the registration where you need to select which day (Friday or Saturday) that you want to run at El Toro. The first 30 that register on Friday will be locked in and the first 35 that register on Saturday will be locked in. Others will be moved to the opposite day, so register asap so you are guarenteed your choice of days. Spectators, volunteers and participates are welcomed both days, see you there.
We will also have a Vendor and Media Class running on Friday. Everyone will be invited for both days, but we can only get about 40 or so per day thru and be sure everyone gets to run. I will have a set of rules up soon. Also, we are trying to fill up the field with pre 80 cars first. Any one with a newer car will be allowed but if your car is newer than that, it will not be in the running for King of the Coast.
Besides the two days at El Toro, we will have a cruise on Sunday morning. Those details are now being finalized but look for a great time on Sunday also.
One other thing in this post before it gets too long.
Optima has stepped up and offered an invite for the winner to the prestigous Optima Ultimate Street Car Challenge after SEMA this year, so you have one more reason to sign up soon. Having been invited to this last year, I can tell you what a thrill it was to be there and run with some of the best cars in the industry.
The prefered payment method on the registration site is Paypal, however, if you have another way you rather pay, just comment in the right section and we will do whatever. However, until your payment is in my hand, you are not confirmed as a participant. I hate to do that but it is the only way I can be fair to everyone concerned.

Thanks for wading thru this long post, Yancy, Danny and myself look forward to being your hosts and bringing a little Southern Hospitality to LA.
Old 02-15-2010, 07:22 PM
Site Sponsor

Default Two Major Sponsors announced

Ridetech is the official sponsor of the El Toro Autocross. Bret and crew have been doing autocross events across the country with GoodGuys so no one does it better or has more experience, thanks guys for the support.

Baer Brakes has stepped up and is sponsoring the Baer Speed Stop Challenge. This will be their version of 0-60-0 but with a twist. Sorry, but I will not announce the twist until April 2. Every day the news gets better and more sponsors are calling and joining in on the fun.

Tomorrow I will let everyone know about two other MAJOR sponsor announcements, stay tuned.
Old 02-16-2010, 08:33 PM
Site Sponsor

This is so exciting. Forgeline and GP SUPERSTORE have teamed up for one great door prize. For the price of entry fee, now everyone (except vendors) will be eligible for a FREE set of Forgelines. This is a HUGE door prize guys, one of the most expensive ones I have given away. This is worth the price to play even if you didn't come...haha

Thanks so much to both Forgeline-now the official wheel company of the event and to Frank for, as always supporting these events. Without great sponsors, we just couldn't do these events.

Stay tuned, more info coming tomorrow!
Old 02-17-2010, 10:59 AM

I signed up for Saturday...it will be my first time...lets see how I can screw up, and have fun doing it. Now to try and make some plans...
Old 02-17-2010, 11:12 AM

Sweet Mike....look forward to seeing the car and meeting you.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:03 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdprovee View Post
I signed up for Saturday...it will be my first time...lets see how I can screw up, and have fun doing it. Now to try and make some plans...
I'm with you on that one Mike---will be my first official event as well, but it is sure to be fun.

Doug
Old 02-17-2010, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdprovee View Post
Mike, that's awesome! I would've loved to cruise down with you and equally screw things up as well as my car.

Dammit I'm getting sick not having a car to take to this event. You guys are gonna have a blast.
2004 NASA AIX Mustang LS2 #14
1964 Lincoln Continental
2014 4 tap Keezer
Old 02-17-2010, 10:21 PM

Come on down Flash, Doug will let you run his drag car.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:26 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas69 View Post
Come on down Flash, Doug will let you run his drag car.
I'm not sure Dave had enough seat time with his D1R to assist him in managing the F3 ----that's blower speak for you N/A guys

Dave, you should come out for this----will be fun--we are going to have a get together at my place on one of the nights for a BBQ---you are invited.

Doug
Old 02-17-2010, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFRESH View Post
I'm not sure Dave had enough seat time with his D1R to assist him in managing the F3 ----that's blower speak for you N/A guys

Dave, you should come out for this----will be fun--we are going to have a get together at my place on one of the nights for a BBQ---you are invited.

Doug
Mine was actually a D1SC, but who's taking notes! That F3 is a bad ass. Who needs a belt when you have a cog? I wanna see both your cars Doug. But remember, my daily driver was/is actually quicker/faster than my Camaro. And it already nearly bores me with almost 700hp. That's what happens when you get used to it everyday.... let's talk wastegates and catalytic convertors! LOL

Yeah I think I'll put this on the calendar. It'll def help me get back into a muscle car even quicker!
2004 NASA AIX Mustang LS2 #14
1964 Lincoln Continental
2014 4 tap Keezer