Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Trucks
User Name
Password

Old 03-17-2010, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Car PWR View Post
I need to get all build pics up here. Need some education on how to load 'em
Use the manage attachment link under the attach files. Let me know if you need any help.
Old 03-17-2010, 07:57 AM

This truck is what has brought me back into the sport/muscle truck world. After reading part 5 on operation muscle truck truck i said enough. I put the old vw on hold status and bought a solid 97 c-truck short box reg cab. Just wanted to say thanks for the much needed inspiration. Just a couple questions PWR what would you say was the real amount you lowered the truck if it were to equal a static drop, 6/8 maybe? And did you leave the roof liner grey or was that recovered?
Old 03-17-2010, 10:26 PM

Gasoline- Thanks for the kind words on the project. On the drop I would say 6/8 to 7/9 but I wouldn't recommend hammering one that low without air. A 5/7 is perfect on these without air. The headliner was recovered in black vinyl. I'm glad the project inspired you-that was the goal.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:35 PM

Thanks for the info. The truck is simply beautiful. Also, I was thinking yesterday you could do a second truck. My idea is, since the 1st gen RS Camaro was an appearance package, you could do a phantom grill with a silver paint job and have the RS graphic down the side. Maybe a little cheesy but I thought it was cool last night. Haha.
Old 03-18-2010, 12:02 AM

Travis, the whole idea behind this truck, and the truck itself, is just double-throwdown badass!!! I hope it inspires more performance oriented builds in the sport truck scene, it'd be pretty cool to start seeing autocross courses popping up at truck shows.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:36 PM

Thanks for the compliments. Truck is a lot of fun and was a blast to build. I'd like to see this build get the Autocross thing going strong for trucks. should have the computer upgraded next week and driving shortly.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:12 AM

Trav,

A few questions.

1) as being a owner of several of these trucks and learning them. I noticed you said you have been running into tuning issues. I know when you installed the 383 you added the bigger throttle body,but did not go into any details about the computer. I know from experience the factory throttle body trucks dont take well to any engine mods. I was a little worried that you wouldnt touch on this topic in the mag.

2) I have on my engine stand a 355" with vortec heads and the same GM vortec TBI intake and would like to know also how you did the EGR tube? When you installed the Gibson headers did you use the 96-99 truck headers that had the bung for the EGR tube or did you fab one up.

I am building a 90' model truck that will mimic your build. Im painting mine white also but Im going to run the "Sport" stripes on the bottom of my truck. I will paint the stripes on instead of the rubber trim. Mine is dropped 5/7. Wheels are still undecided.

Several years ago at the local speed shop a guy came cruising in,in a lowered white 90 "sport" and it had a whine to it. I asked him if he would mind spec'n his truck. It had a 350 out of a vette with a vortec super charger,17x11 boyd wheels with a 315/35 bfg comp t/a, a flip kit with Competion Engineering housing floaters and ladder bars. He offered to take me a ride. That was the most fun and most memoriable time I ever had in a truck. Its his truck that has enfluence my build until I saw your project. Now mine is a taste of both trucks.

Thanks Trav for a cool project and a cool mag.

Greg
Old 03-24-2010, 07:28 PM

Curious...has anyone ever done an LSx in one of these?
Old 03-24-2010, 08:18 PM

Im doin one rite now. A 88 year model.
Attachment 23779

Attachment 23780

Last edited by tobenk; 01-12-2011 at 12:41 PM.
Old 03-24-2010, 10:12 PM

I wanna do an LS3 in mine, but it's last on a long list of things of mods I want to do right now.