Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Events > Track and Driving Events
User Name
Password

Old 11-24-2011, 08:13 AM

I sent an e-mail to Bill Howell regarding NCRC's willingness to cater to us as needed.

I'll keep y'all posted.
Old 11-24-2011, 10:22 AM

I don't see the need to drag Bill Howell into the deal. The american street car series is basically the same at NCRC. I like the road race only event.
Old 11-24-2011, 11:05 AM

Subscribing for updates
Old 11-24-2011, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas69 View Post
I don't see the need to drag Bill Howell into the deal. The american street car series is basically the same at NCRC. I like the road race only event.
Bills ASC series has a 200 tw requirement. I'm sure that has alot to do with insurance costs. Since we are doing this through NCRC and the track days are only $99 plus $10 for timing should we start a 100 tw series?

Call our group gig the "NCRC Muscle Car Challenge"?

Last edited by Track Junky; 11-24-2011 at 03:58 PM.
Old 11-24-2011, 10:54 PM

Just show up and have fun with a group of 10-20 guys.
Old 11-24-2011, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Agreed.... for the most part...

The ASCS (RTTx) and NCRC as very different. NCRC is equivalent to OCRC (Orange County Race Craft) who is another organizer and "supervisor" of track events/open track days. Same as Trackmasters, Speedventures, ExtremeSpeedTrackEvents, etc etc.... They are the ones who essentially "managed" the RTTC event I was at earlier this year. Nathan (who drove Rupp's car at El Toro) runs events at El Toro all the time.

G -- I guess you could say Bill could be looking for assistance to help run his events at the local level, but he has been doing this for years and seems to be putting things into place to grow it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track Junky View Post
Bills ASC series has a 200 tw requirement. I'm sure that has alot to do with insurance costs. Since we are doing this through NCRC and the track days are only $99 plus $10 for timing should we start a 100 tw series?

Call our group gig the "NCRC Muscle Car Challenge"?
Bill does that for safety reasons (remember, each event has a 80ish mile cruise -- rain or shine) and I really don't think it has to do with insurance. He is always vocally adamant about his events being a true STREET car event and takes it pretty seriously.

Not sure on a formal name and a treadwear minimum... how formal and serious do you want to try to make this?

Quote:
Just show up and have fun with a group of 10-20 guys.
2004 NASA AIX Mustang LS2 #14
1964 Lincoln Continental
2014 4 tap Keezer
Old 11-24-2011, 11:25 PM

I think that's the only way Bill can run an event at El Toro due to the City of Irvine. Let's keep it simple. If they will give us a run group with a minimum of 15 cars and a max, then let's just do it that way. We'll call it the let's race, drink beer, and bull **** the night away. I'd say we do it by invitation and they must pony up and reserve a spot on the NCRC site.
Old 11-24-2011, 11:42 PM

The RTTx series of events have been qualifiers for the OUSCI which has a 200tw requirement. One can run whatever tire they want at these events but only 200tw+ tires can qualify for the OUSCI spot.

We've had these track days before. It always works out the best when there's minimal structure to the event. Just run what-ya-brung and have fun.

It would be very cool to have a PT class of our own pending driver eligibility. Newbies would need to take the novice/instructor class and the fast guys may want to move up for a session or two depending on how the mix goes.

I'm all for paying up front to get a session of our own. Non-refundable unless you find someone to take your spot or there is a waiting list. If it's planned this far in advance our chances of filling the run group are much better.

I'll start. Where do I sign up?
Old 11-24-2011, 11:44 PM

Me too....
Old 11-24-2011, 11:59 PM

OK, sounds good. We'll keep it simple and run what you bring. If we have our own group he said ten minimum so I think we are in good shape there.

But if we want our own run group we will have to sign up under a certain category with NCRC and on their site. That will give Dave verification and give him the green light in setting up a time slot for us. What do we label the group on the NCRC site?

Also, at this point should I just tell him we are only going to do a Buttonwillow gig or should we add Thunderhill?

Last edited by Track Junky; 11-25-2011 at 12:03 AM.