Old 05-20-2014, 10:49 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,077 Times in 385 Posts
Default NorCal Shelby Mini Nats - Aug 2nd and 3rd

Okay - I started a new thread.
Old 05-20-2014, 11:04 AM

NorCal Shelby Club has not opened registration yet -- but this event will sell out QUICKLY...

http://www.norcal-saac.org/mininats/

I will, once again, be taking the Siegmeister and both the cars to this event.... and have hired Ron Sutton to help us with management and race tech. His info and help are amazing...

Since the NorCal Shelby Thunderhill event -- I have new rotors - pads, and a new master cylinder purchased thru Ron.... for the Mustang. I have also mounted up a set of Hoosier A6's for this event. I've been running the R6... but we'll see how this softer compound works.

For the Lotus -- I've mounted up a set of Yokohama A005's in SOFT compound... and changed shifter cables from the sloppy factory versions to race versions. And added some close-out panels around the rear LCA's. We'll see if Sieg can set a new track record while keeping the car intact.

I plan to run both the cars in the Green group this event. If he passes me at any time - I reserve the right to "pit maneuver" him at the next corner.

I also plan to put Sieg in the Mustang for a session or two (actually thinking about just running each driver/car for one day - then swapping for the next day). It will be fun to see the smile on his face when he gets to drive a car with real power and small tires!
Old 05-20-2014, 11:41 AM

Hope to see you there Greg. I have a few events I plan on going to before then and if my car is still in one piece by August 2nd and 3rd I'll see you there.
Old 05-20-2014, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track Junky View Post
Hope to see you there Greg. I have a few events I plan on going to before then and if my car is still in one piece by August 2nd and 3rd I'll see you there.

You can always come and watch and I'll even make you lunch!
Old 05-20-2014, 01:55 PM

Pre Sonoma preparation..........

One question.........Does the Mustang have a Hoonigan handle?
Old 05-20-2014, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sieg View Post
Pre Sonoma preparation..........
One question.........Does the Mustang have a Hoonigan handle?

Yes I have a slightly modified version of one -- it's primary purpose being to reach down your throat and rip your heart out should you bollox up my beloved Mustang....
Old 05-20-2014, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post

Since the NorCal Shelby Thunderhill event -- I have new rotors - pads, and a new master cylinder purchased thru Ron.... for the Mustang.
That's not how this works......that's not how any of this works!

Dan
Old 05-20-2014, 03:36 PM

Oh boy ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post
NorCal Shelby Club has not opened registration yet -- but this event will sell out QUICKLY...

http://www.norcal-saac.org/mininats/

I will, once again, be taking the Siegmeister and both the cars to this event.... and have hired Ron Sutton to help us with management and race tech. His info and help are amazing...
"Siegmeister" ... love it.

Since the NorCal Shelby Thunderhill event -- I have new rotors - pads, and a new master cylinder purchased thru Ron.... for the Mustang. I have also mounted up a set of Hoosier A6's for this event. I've been running the R6... but we'll see how this softer compound works.

For the Lotus -- I've mounted up a set of Yokohama A005's in SOFT compound... and changed shifter cables from the sloppy factory versions to race versions. And added some close-out panels around the rear LCA's. We'll see if Sieg can set a new track record while keeping the car intact.

I plan to run both the cars in the Green group this event. If he passes me at any time - I reserve the right to "pit maneuver" him at the next corner.
LOL

I also plan to put Sieg in the Mustang for a session or two (actually thinking about just running each driver/car for one day - then swapping for the next day). It will be fun to see the smile on his face when he gets to drive a car with real power and small tires!

Looking forward to it. I'm hoping Dave, Mike & Mike ... and others ... will come join us. We had a blast last time. Greg makes a mean lunch. Plus there are the BS sessions afterward.

Dave ... I hope you're not mad you got a nickname from it. I wouldn't have done if I didn't like ya.

G ... you bringing your car?

Old 05-20-2014, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBasher View Post
That's not how this works......that's not how any of this works!

Dan
LOL

Old 05-20-2014, 04:14 PM

According to Google, it's 1779 miles from my place to Sonoma Raceway. NorCal is gorgeous that time of year, right?

I remember my first trip to Northern California. I was in San Franscisco and drove up to Sonoma for the day. As I turned the corner from 37 onto 121, I passed the entrance sign to Infineon Raceway. It took about 5 seconds for that to register, and I slammed on the brakes and did a u-turn in the middle of 121. I drove back, and the place was wide open. It was a weekday, and some cars were running practice laps, others were being worked on in the garages. I parked and just walked around the track for a while. Such a cool experience!