Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Events > Goodguys Events
User Name
Password

Old 09-24-2015, 10:01 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,077 Times in 385 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassman View Post
Great pics Greg. Man i missed going. We went to a few of those stops on the '13 tour, seems like yesterday.

Thanx for sharing and reminding me how much i missed it (where the "Charlie imogee"?)

You missed a good one Mike! The weather was absolutely perfect! The tours were fun... some of the group you know from last year, all good people.

Bowling Green was a great venue for a car show --- auto cross track and Drag racing going on right there! A few hundred foot walk and you could watch one or the other. The big drag cars would stop your conversation... 4 seconds later and you could resume. LOL
Old 09-26-2015, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post
You missed a good one Mike! The weather was absolutely perfect! The tours were fun... some of the group you know from last year, all good people.

Bowling Green was a great venue for a car show --- auto cross track and Drag racing going on right there! A few hundred foot walk and you could watch one or the other. The big drag cars would stop your conversation... 4 seconds later and you could resume. LOL
I wanna goooo....sounds like an absolute hoot!
Old 09-26-2015, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenie View Post
I wanna goooo....sounds like an absolute hoot!
You'd love doing these things Lenie! The car can take a bit of a hit... but you get over it. Charlie got a couple nasty little rocks in the CF nose piece... and me with no fenders - the rocks tend to be flung against the hood sides.... Paint can be touched up is our new motto. LOL

Next years is Mundelein, IL (RS) - to Texas Motor Speedway... and some of the stops I've heard about are the shops in your dreams!

Funny -- the first day started off with Ken *KWhiz* getting a flat... and Courtney's (Mustang and Fords Magazine writer) fuel pump overheating and shutting down... *a trunk packed with bags of ice did the trick*, and Gil Losi's transmission TV cable clip breaking... The sweep trailers picked them up - repaired the stuff and from then on everyone was on their own 4 wheels.

For me - there's nothing better than USING the cars.
Old 09-26-2015, 10:55 AM

I've been driving her quite a bit lately, will have to keep pushing the miles getting her ready...hopefully there's plenty of places to pull over for GAS !! See you all at Sema

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post
You'd love doing these things Lenie! The car can take a bit of a hit... but you get over it. Charlie got a couple nasty little rocks in the CF nose piece... and me with no fenders - the rocks tend to be flung against the hood sides.... Paint can be touched up is our new motto. LOL

Next years is Mundelein, IL (RS) - to Texas Motor Speedway... and some of the stops I've heard about are the shops in your dreams!

Funny -- the first day started off with Ken *KWhiz* getting a flat... and Courtney's (Mustang and Fords Magazine writer) fuel pump overheating and shutting down... *a trunk packed with bags of ice did the trick*, and Gil Losi's transmission TV cable clip breaking... The sweep trailers picked them up - repaired the stuff and from then on everyone was on their own 4 wheels.

For me - there's nothing better than USING the cars.
Old 09-27-2015, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenie View Post
I've been driving her quite a bit lately, will have to keep pushing the miles getting her ready...hopefully there's plenty of places to pull over for GAS !! See you all at Sema
There was and is. The GG's street machine of the year came last year, and Harolds '33 the year before, basically every time i turned around they were at the pumps. And the sweep vehicles were there too (wish they were there on my ride home when i broke in the middle of nowhere west texas with no cell and 9 miles from the nearsest gas station on a sunday none-the-less)....

But it is the time/ride of your life.
My first year, '13, i had just finished up the LS swap a few nites earlier and my power steering pump went bye-bye, my check engine light came on, i could only get 6-7 gallons into a 22 gallon tank, devoloped a shimmy, and the hood kept coming unlatchted, ALL within the first 30 miles!!!!!, Point is, everything was minor cept the hood, and almost everybody checked on me in the hotel parking lot to see if i needed a hand (turned out to be old/original broken welds and a loose bolt.) Tighten it up and went for it....while i didnt like the problems i had, ifigured its just a tow away and the ride was mostly straight and i'd moniter the gas usage. Had one of the best times of my life. Same with last years, rained everyday but it was still a GREAT time...cept the ride home, unforgetable being the point....

Only health problems or family problems will keep me from doing this again.

You on live once people, go for the ride of a life and see, smell, and experience this great country of ours, from the view of your favorite chariot!!!

Oh and by the way, that is the ultimate street car!!! Ones we use and abuse.....

Last edited by glassman; 09-27-2015 at 12:40 PM. Reason: added content
Old 09-27-2015, 08:27 PM

Thanked 1,317 Times in 494 Posts

POS showed up....
Attached Images

Old 09-27-2015, 09:25 PM

That car needs a Hemi in it anyway.... Needs more power.... LOL
Old 09-27-2015, 10:40 PM

Thanked 1,317 Times in 494 Posts

I actually poured that stuff under the car but Sieg made me do it............

Last edited by clill; 09-28-2015 at 07:46 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to clill For This Useful Post:
fleetus macmullitz (10-05-2020)
Old 09-28-2015, 12:15 AM

Back to my corner............
Old 09-28-2015, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clill View Post
I actually poured that stuff under the car but Sieg made me do it............

That was a terrible joke - it made me apoplectic (a raging stroke).... and the only good news was you had to listen to me (texting actually), while I ranted.

There's nothing I want LESS than you having one more thing "up" on me!

I hope it stained the floor... LOL