Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Cooling: Radiators/Fans/Controllers
User Name
Password

Old 11-22-2015, 12:03 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Default cooling question + Trans cooler location

Hi guys, I'm getting ready to look for a place to put my trans cooler in my LSA powered 69 Camaro I have a B&M 70297 cooler it has the fan and temp sender to turn the fan on. Its pretty big and there's not much room left. I'm going to put it in front of the radiator, heat exchanger and A/C condenser, so I don't want to impede the air flow if I can avoid it. I'm figuring to leave a space between the A/C condenser and the trans cooler. The space in front of the radiator is divided by the bracket that holds the upper and lower body panels and the hood latch to the radiator support. It seems 1/3 on the pass. side and 2/3 on the drivers side of clear radiator. I'm trying to figure out if it would be better in front of the dr. side so the hot air from the trans cooler is more likely to mix with clean air before it gets to the heat exchanger so it won't raise the IAT temps to much. or put it on the pass side and have the 2/3 of clean air going to the rad. Not sure if I'm over thinking this but better to figure it now then have to move it later. I know Mark Stielow deals with this kind of problem on his builds all the time. I hope he has an opinion.

I have dual pass 23" radiator from PRC a
C&R heat exchanger with 1" connections for the Stewart intercooler pump with the Lingenfelter boosted program, and a Vintage air A/C condenser.
Sorry for the crappy pictures.

Passenger side.
In this picture the cooler is almost against the bracket but will fit fine.

Drivers side.
On this side it has plenty of room and is 4-5" from the bracket but either side has room to mount it.

Thank you for any help.

Wayne

Last edited by waynieZ; 11-22-2015 at 12:05 PM.
Old 08-23-2018, 04:03 PM

What C&R heat exchanger part number did you use , and how do you like the prc radiator?
Old 08-23-2018, 09:18 PM

Have looked at the area near the front valance ,Even if you have to fabricate brackets or have one with its own fan.