Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Chassis and Suspension
User Name
Password

Old 11-13-2018, 09:52 PM

Default Roadster shop chassis

Getting ready to throw down on a fast track suspension for my 68 F-body. I've been to their shop looked at the product, ordering is 50% down and 6 months lead time.
I'm looking for some reviews/input on experience with the shop, on time delivery, availability after the purchase for Q&A with install and setup or anything else I may be looking for in hindsight
Thanks Dave
Old 11-15-2018, 05:09 PM
Supporting Vendor

RoadsterShop.com

colorado80439, Thank you for the interest in a Roadster Shop Fast Track chassis. I hope you had a good visit out to our facility. Over the past year we have been actively investing in facility, technologies, processes and manpower to keep up with increasingly staggering sales growth. Due to these investments we have drastically reduced lead times from those 22+ week lead time numbers down to 16 weeks or so, and should be around 12 or less weeks by 2019, if that helps your decision any.
As far as after the sale , we take great pride in taking care of our customers long into the build phase as there are always questions that arise...I think both Greg W. , Charlie L. , could attest to that ...as well as a host of other builders, and individuals on this site.
If there is anything else that you have questions about feel free to post up here, dm us, or call in and we will answer any and all questions you might have.
We realize that a chassis is a big ticket item relatively speaking and is also one of the first items purchased ( or should be at least) and there are many "unknowns" at this stage in the build..and customers sometimes need to feel assured items, components, and plans will all work together, or there are no "hidden" surprises they weren't thinking about....Our sales guys are well versed in these situations and are here to help before, as well as along the way. Building cars as well as the chassis has given us the opportunity to refine a lot of things, as well as develop an extensive line of helpful and problem solving add on items that makes thing go a lot smoother.

Thank you for the opportunity and hope to hear from you soon
camcojb (11-16-2018)
Old 11-17-2018, 07:16 AM

I had a great experience with RS in my 59 Bel Air build. The chassis was everything I had hoped for and more. There were a couple of bugs that needed to be worked out after completion, and the service after the sale was top notch. The chassis was right on time and they were very responsive to my inquiries. If you would like to talk, PM me your phone number.

I would highly suggest..............worth every nickle!

Tim
Old 02-23-2019, 11:46 AM

I bought my 72 C10 fast track chassis from Roadster Shop and was told a 20-22 week timeframe.
It showed up around 18 or 19 weeks.
Extremely happy with it so far, it’s a work of art.
Old 09-24-2019, 09:27 AM

We purchased one of their fast track chassis for a 70 Chevelle convertible. I also just grabbed a SPEC chassis for my 69 Camaro. I'm waiting on the Camaro chassis to arrive - no hurry I still have work to do haha.

Their build quality and detailed design is extraordinary. Well worth any wait time given there's always more to do on these cars. As for customer service, I tend to ask a lot of questions and they have always been extremely polite and helpful.
Old 10-26-2019, 03:39 PM

I had the Roadster Shop FastTrack chassis on my twin-turbo 64 Malibu a.k.a. Maliboost seehttps://www.racedeck.com/maliboost

and it really is an amazing set-up and very high-level of craftsmanship... you really can not go wrong with RS
Old 11-14-2019, 09:07 PM

We put a Fast Track under a 1969 Camaro for a story.

I will say it was stupid easy.. like "Really? That's it??" lol

We had to cut off two e-brake cable tabs and we opted to weld on the two mounts near the rear wheel.

Fitment was awesome, it's really well designed kit.

We did have to narrow the fuel tank a touch since the new frame rails sit inside the old stock ones. You really could install this and in 5 years decide to put the car back to stock, but why would you? ha!

See Bad Penny run the cones: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GUPPIX-92U

1971 Chevelle Wagon - Roadster Shop Chassis ProCharged Shafiroff LS and lots of yada yada

1968 Camaro - Project Track Rat - 440 RHS LS
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Steve1968LS2 For This Useful Post:
BonzoHansen (11-17-2019), camcojb (11-15-2019), fleetus macmullitz (11-15-2019)