Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Events > Track and Driving Events
User Name
Password

Old 04-15-2017, 09:32 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,076 Times in 384 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustomatic View Post
Greg, what is this private track rental you speak of? I wish I could have been out huffing race gas exhaust this weekend, but I'm stuck at home replacing my front door, due to a bad reaction I had to locking myself out last week . . .

Hope all goes well on the track today!

I was shooting today -- leave monday for next weekends Shelby club event --
Private track day for the Text train. You're welcome to come hang -- but if you want to run - Additional cars over what I've already paid for are $600 for the ONE day.... I've already shelled out several thousand for this day and I'm not paying for more. Thus the Private part.
Old 04-15-2017, 10:41 PM

damn if I was a little bit closer... sounds like an epic day
Old 04-16-2017, 06:31 AM

This thread is about NORCAL SHELBY Spring Sprint -- never meant to hijack it with "my stuff"..... I'll be there - and it will be the one year anniversary of the event I had come home from -- felt ill -- and you all know the rest.

The private track rental / track day.... I probably shouldn't have gone "public" with... but now that it's out there.... people have to understand what I've gone thru... and those who lived with me daily for the last 11 months. That is the infamous "text train clan". Rob - Dave - Sieg - Bob - Ron - Payton - Gaetano - Vince..... The train was started 2 or 3 years ago when Rob and Dave did the epic "Betsy" (old Ford ramp bed) East coast to West coast road trip..... it continues to this day 24/7.

We share a special bond - and without this "crew" being there in the darkest hours of my life - I would not have made it. Didn't matter where the conversation went (and goes) - this group was there for me. They were the ones that figured out my dosage - when and how to take "the stuff" -- and all flew/drove/gave up vacations, whatever, to be by my side. For the last 11 months thru hell and high water - they lived it with me.

This is a special time - for us all to get together and celebrate sunnier days ahead. Once again - they will give up a part of their time on this earth - to spend it with me (and each other) doing some fun stuff - instead of listening to me and my deepest thoughts.

While I'd love to invite everyone - and say -- you all bring your cars and we're going to do EPIC ****..... This time around (for track driving) - it's for the special "short bus" people. IF it works out and we do a SECOND ANNUAL -- we'll talk about "opening it up" to any and all and maybe getting a date for a weekend (really hard to do at Thill).

XOXO to all of you... and I hope you understand what this day means for "us". I invite ALL to come and hang.... We'll be on the WEST SIDE track - May 18th.

Last edited by GregWeld; 04-16-2017 at 06:34 AM.
Old 04-16-2017, 12:12 PM

WEST track?
Sieg=

Sounds like a hell of a good time with some halfway decent people!
Old 04-16-2017, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBasher View Post
WEST track?
Sieg=

Sounds like a hell of a good time with some halfway decent people!

Old 04-16-2017, 04:03 PM

A mid-week track rental sounds pretty awesome; it's definitely a good way to save major dollars on track time. If only I could learn to read a calendar and know what day it is a few times a week . . .
Old 04-16-2017, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustomatic View Post
A mid-week track rental sounds pretty awesome; it's definitely a good way to save major dollars on track time. If only I could learn to read a calendar and know what day it is a few times a week . . .

I don't think renting a track for a day is about saving money..... but whatever.... LOL . I'd have preferred the East side 3 mile - but it's taken and there's just only so many dates the can work for all involved - Guys flying out from the east coast etc.... AND I have the 18th -- the 19th is an "OPEN TEST DAY" for the FIVE MILE -- a small fee and we're running Friday as well --- ROB is running American Iron at Sonoma over the weekend so we'll go drink beer and hang out there -- then I'm running with Hooked on Driving @ Sonoma on Monday..... SEAT TIME! I've been itching to get some work done on the nut behind the wheel. Straighten up, and see what needs to be done in the new shop space etc.

Last edited by GregWeld; 04-16-2017 at 05:27 PM.
Old 04-17-2017, 12:43 AM

Did Chet ever rebuild after Sonoma?

For those who've never been to a NorCal event, it's worth making the trip. Besides the guys from this forum there's also a crowd that run in the Optima events as well. Fairlanes, wagons, Camaros new and old, mustangs new and old and always the guy or two with a C5... Great people and cars and a well run event.

Old 04-17-2017, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBasher View Post
Did Chet ever rebuild after Sonoma?

For those who've never been to a NorCal event, it's worth making the trip. Besides the guys from this forum there's also a crowd that run in the Optima events as well. Fairlanes, wagons, Camaros new and old, mustangs new and old and always the guy or two with a C5... Great people and cars and a well run event.

YES HE DID --- but he probably won't try to hang thru the corners with me again.....
Old 04-17-2017, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post
This thread is about NORCAL SHELBY Spring Sprint -- never meant to hijack it with "my stuff"..... I'll be there - and it will be the one year anniversary of the event I had come home from -- felt ill -- and you all know the rest.

The private track rental / track day.... I probably shouldn't have gone "public" with... but now that it's out there.... people have to understand what I've gone thru... and those who lived with me daily for the last 11 months. That is the infamous "text train clan". Rob - Dave - Sieg - Bob - Ron - Payton - Gaetano - Vince..... The train was started 2 or 3 years ago when Rob and Dave did the epic "Betsy" (old Ford ramp bed) East coast to West coast road trip..... it continues to this day 24/7.

We share a special bond - and without this "crew" being there in the darkest hours of my life - I would not have made it. Didn't matter where the conversation went (and goes) - this group was there for me. They were the ones that figured out my dosage - when and how to take "the stuff" -- and all flew/drove/gave up vacations, whatever, to be by my side. For the last 11 months thru hell and high water - they lived it with me.

This is a special time - for us all to get together and celebrate sunnier days ahead. Once again - they will give up a part of their time on this earth - to spend it with me (and each other) doing some fun stuff - instead of listening to me and my deepest thoughts.

While I'd love to invite everyone - and say -- you all bring your cars and we're going to do EPIC ****..... This time around (for track driving) - it's for the special "short bus" people. IF it works out and we do a SECOND ANNUAL -- we'll talk about "opening it up" to any and all and maybe getting a date for a weekend (really hard to do at Thill).

XOXO to all of you... and I hope you understand what this day means for "us". I invite ALL to come and hang.... We'll be on the WEST SIDE track - May 18th.
2004 NASA AIX Mustang LS2 #14
1964 Lincoln Continental
2014 4 tap Keezer