Big Red Camaro Testing At Fomoso
If you remember only a few months ago the famous Big Red Camaro went up in flames while practicing for Pikes Peak. After going through an inferno, there wasn’t much left of the car. However they have rebuilt the car and are currently testing Big Red again.
While Big Red has had many transformations over the year, it’s currently set up as a Land Speed car.
- Land Speed set up: 598 Brodix block, heads, intake – aluminum
- Supercharged – ProCharger F3 Chris Alston Gearbox (between procharger and crankshaft)
- Holley EFI w/ Dominator Mgmt System
- Rossler Terminator 6 Trans w/ custom ratios Pro Torque – converter 35 spline spools and axles -Strange
- Fuel: Methanol Approx.
- Horsepower: over 1600 ( with gearing 2,000 )
- Penske Shocks
- Custom tube chassis Front suspension – custom built (Bill Osborne built)
- Adjustable four link rear suspension (Custom)
- Baer Brakes – ProSeries 6 piston DJ Safety
Currently they are doing some Land Speed racing and testing in the Mojave desert. The car will then be changed up and prepped for Pikes Peak again. Stay tuned and keep up to date with Big Red on the official Big Red Facebook page!