View Single Post
Old 02-08-2018, 09:26 PM

Good for you Joe. Keep moving forward...

I started Crossfit about 4 months ago and I really enjoy it. That's a huge key to stay physically active, you have to find something you like to do. I always thought people that did Crossfit were out of their minds. The workouts are grueling, in a warehouse with little heat or air, and early in the morning. It's the culture and results that make it so appealing. I always say it's challenging, positive, and fun. I work out with the same group most days and we compete for time and weight along with ripping on each other.

For me and I think most, when you are close to your best physically, it cascades positively into every area of your life. Many don't do well simply because they don't feel well. I'll go out on a limb and say that many don't realize just how bad they feel everyday. We are made to move and move a lot. I've been serious about getting healthier for over 5 years now and it still amazes me how much room I find to grow. You have to know thyself and that takes time and experience.

While physical health is crucial, a healthy body can be sick from sour thoughts and actions. Your attitude has a huge effect on how you feel. To prove my point, next time you find yourself thinking pessimistically, turn it around to optimistic or grateful thoughts. It will transform the way you feel.

I personally try to start everyday with some type of positive influence and follow it up with Crossfit or some type of activity. I've primed my mind and body. In fact, the challenge of Crossfit challenges me mentally as well. The day and its challenges becomes a whole lot easier once you have pushed yourself beyond where you thought you could go and endured some pain.

On the flip side, I've learned to work more margin into my days and rest more effectively. Most Americans live a vastly over scheduled life with very little margin. It results in all kinds of problems. Why over scheduled? Many don't know why they keep pushing so hard and others are forced due to obligations. Obligations to jobs they hate or debt that shackles them.

Remember, the price you pay for anything is the amount of life you trade for it.