Thread: Investing 102
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2019, 01:26 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,076 Times in 384 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrrf View Post
You know that not all growers are for medicinal smoking right? I think with states considering it legalization that there is some potential but I agree its going to be volatile and who knows which ones will be the winners, like the next cryto craze.

But something that is happening quietly, imo, is the rise of CBD consumption. The rise of CBD consumption in the pharma industry would seem to indicate a demand. And with the talks of beverage companies coming out with CBD infused products, I dont want to miss an opportunity for good growth.

Idk. Could also just be a flash in the pan.
We never really know about “new” industries like this — all you can do is to be your own “brain” — is this something you see as having potential — can you “afford” to gamble with some portion of your investable assets and see it potentially go to zero - or can you stomach the assault that is surely going to hit you with every up and down?

Investing like this is NOT 101 —- it’s for more advanced investors who understand all the possible pitfalls and possible upsides.... In other words — who the heck knows??? I sure don’t. But I can afford to put some dough up and see where it goes. It’s not for the faint of heart.