View Single Post
Old 06-07-2006, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironworks
Man that thing is lookin good. Should be an awesome ride. What are you running for the custom chassis?
I only asked about the headers because they are a fun project but a total labor of love, So if your gonna labor on the headers it might as well be on a bad ass car. And not to many people do it and do it with a style and function.

I have a few guys wanting a tube chassis for a 55-57 like I have under my truck with some C6 stuff. So I'm wondering want the custom stuff looks like.

Thanks
Rodger-

I had Jim Meyer Racing build the chassis. I wanted a full round tube chassis, but he really didn't want to go there. So we agreed on using 2x4 rails & use round tubing on the cross members. We moved the rear suspension up in the car 5" over stock to get the car to sit as low as it is with a 30" tall tire, yet still have 3" of upward travel from ride height. Doing this though meant we also had to move the motor and tranny up 3" as well to keep the driveline angle correct.

There is a guy up this way that build round tube chassis' for tri-fives. He is set up to do it with LS-1 motors & vette suspension. I wanted a big block and with the Vette susp you have to run positive offset wheels. I really did not want to run positve offset wheels. I wanted to deep dish "Hotrod" look so to speak. A sacifice on my part I guess, cause I know the Vette stuff handles awesome. I enclosed a few pics of the my chassis & the round tube chassis. It's a nice piece.

Brent
Attached Images