View Single Post
Old 08-30-2016, 12:12 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Front fender flares are mostly tacked up, will stop here until the rear end is in so I can have a better feel of how the back flares are going to come together...need to insure they play nice with each other. Huge thanks to Steve Lenning and Grendel for paving the way on flaring the rears!! I owe beers!!! And for sure, appreciate the help and encouragement from Kyle at DSE and Tim McGilton. Front width ended up at 74 5/8" with 18x11's and 5"backspace. Plenty of clearance everywhere ....except the fender of course. Will fab my own fiberglass inner fenders later.

If you can see the black sharpie line on the flare (it was originally in line with the body line), you can see how much I had to raise the flare up, along with bringing it out almost 1 5/8". Truth be told, I'm way over my head when it comes to hammer and dolly'n this back in shape but I'm going to make it happen!! I will end up with about 3/8" of clearance while compressed to the bump stops and at full lock on the steering and about 1 degree of camber. I'm assuming that is about what camber will be run on the street? Hope is my strategy on this 3/8" being enough!
Attached Images

My Build Thread:
https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=53320
The Following User Says Thank You to Goosesdad For This Useful Post:
syborg tt (12-28-2020)