View Single Post
Old 12-29-2016, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
Thanks for a cut and paste.

Holley is used I all pro-stock cars. Do you have a car with BS3?

Andrew
No Andrew, I have a Megasquirt 2 I'm working on at the moment. It controls, fuel, timing and has some additional features like boost/nitrous control but I don't need the extras to build an efi system using TBI and HEI on my 4 speed Poncho. I had FAST XFI 2.0 but sold it because it was pretty much overkill for what I'm building and I wanted to build out my whole system. In my case I simply don't need Megasquirt 3, MS3-Pro, Holley Dominator, or the XFI 2.0 like I used to have. You've seen my stuff when I had the FAST and we've exchanged conversation on efi subjects on the Pro-Touring forum. My profile over there is F-Body International.

I used to glorify the Holley as well, but after going over efi topics with my friends and being on the forums, I have become less and less impressed by Holley efi. I'm not saying it's bad, but I've just become less impressed. In the end most efi systems generally do the same thing. You really have to know what you're talking about to say one is better than the other. I personally would rather have an ecu that is serviceable and also able to upgrade. For instance, with FAST, you can start with a base XFI unit and add traction control, logging, etc. With Holley you're stuck with what you have if you buy the HP/Terminator box and it can't be upgraded to the Dominator.

My Megasquirt MS2 carb-to-efi kit was around $600 and came in at about $750 once I added my Innovate LC-2 wideband setup...Black Friday sale at www.diyautotune.com

Last edited by jonathonar89; 12-29-2016 at 09:15 AM.