View Single Post
Old 11-13-2005, 03:39 PM

Default G-machine of a different.......scale?!?

well here we go. As if I don't have enough major projects on my hands...lets throw one more on the fire. I got the Revell re-release of the 1/12th scale first gen Camaro along with my 06 mustang, and I just can't leave well enough alone. This will be done pro touring style.

Paint, will be two tone (as of right now) a base of PPG sunset metallic, with pearl white. I've removed all of the badges so far. I plan on changing all of the marker lights, they will be oval instead of round. All door handles and locks will remain in-tact. The chin spoiler will be done in CF.

Wheels: The plan right now is to create my own 18" wheels. If you have the current issue of hot rod magazine with the crate camaro, I am thinking something along the lines of the budnik hammer series wheels. I might find someone to machine the outer wheel, and then create resin centers.

Engine: It will follow typical white97ex style, some sort of forced induction or nitrous. I would love to do twin turbos but sourcing materials might prove to be the demise of that route. same with a centrifugal blower......possibly a roots low profile? who knows.

Trans: You can see in the pictures that I have a scratchbuilt transmission in the works. Inspiration a-la GTMike400. only I am going with a T-56 6 speed trans.

Interior: I plan to update the interior...if my steam doesn't run out by the time that I reach that stage. I am planning at this point to make some corbeau or some other style of bucket seats...possible even corvette type buckets, as that is what I would put in the car if I were building it 1:1.

If I manage to get my resin casting skills up to par, there might also be some resin casts of things like the seats and the transmission and such.......stay tuned for more!!!!

comments and criticisms please