View Single Post
Old 10-11-2018, 04:44 PM

Interesting thought. I guess you'd have to measure it out and calculate the geometry to see where the roll center ends up when traveling the suspension more.

Having the car travel more on braking is a good thing to get the center of gravity lower so there is definitely a benefit, but if your roll center ends up underground that would be bad. Same story with the SLA cars. Can't just travel the suspension more and pick up the gains. Takeoff points must be changed to gain the desired camber over a longer travel, and to keep the RC from going too low.

With a strut car, I'd think you could start to lose camber if traveled too far, not to mention have RC issues. Not knowing what kind of car you're working with...I had an 04 Mustang, and the LCA's were at such an angle that the control arm would only get shorter under dive, as the ball joint was already higher than the inner takeoff point at ride height. The car was lowered a little already, so I can't remember what angle the LCA's were at stock right height.

Edit: Your sig says a fox, I'm assuming that's the car you're inquiring about?