View Single Post
Old 11-30-2018, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
Geeks-R-Us...LOL

In all honesty, PWM fan control adds a great deal of refinement out our old cars. The information from this thread allowed me to implement it on my Cougar build and it truly is AMAZING! On my GTO, I am using dual Spal fans with binary fan control. The car has a relatively quiet exhaust and when the cooling fans turn on, it sounds like a jet engine.

On the Cougar, I never hear the fan, ever, and I have yet to see it go much above 50% duty cycle even on hot summer days. The C6 fan is rated at 400watts, while the new 6th gen Camaro fan, I believe is 800watts! So yes, amazing.

Andrew
I hear that. I'm running the dual SPAL fans on my car and with traditional relays the fan noise is very loud even with a loud exhaust and the shock to the charging system when they're switched on is significant.

I'm anxious to get the PWM setup once I get my Terminator installed and running.

Modern refinement is really what distinguishes some of these builds.

Keep the info coming. It's AMAZING. Lol

Check it out Here
The Following User Says Thank You to eville For This Useful Post:
yanyere (01-25-2019)