View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlwdvm View Post
Hoping to get a 2-post lift ordered in the next 10 days. It will be for personal use and needs to be a base plate model due to my 112" post height limitation. My overall garage height is over 10.5", but there are 2 spanning beams in the ceiling that support the bedrooms above the garage that are right where my posts need to go! I am looking to spend between $15-2300. We are pouring footings for the posts this week. It seems like I have been researching this forever and still can't make up my mind. Are there any lifts out there that you have had experience with that a guy should stay away from?
I'd just make sure to buy something that is ALI/ETL certified. I have a shorter ceiling in my shop as well but I was able to get away with a challenger E10 clear floor lift. I just put the cross bar up and over the rafters. My '69 camaro will go all the way up! My lift was $2700 shipped and it's 10,000 lbs rated.

This pic was when we were installing it. I've gotten rid of some of the junk since then.

P.S. I will never ever know how I got along without this lift. It makes everything so much easier and makes things enjoyable that previously weren't.
Attached Images

'04 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4

My '69 Camaro Build Thread

Last edited by OBeer-WAN-Kenobi; 01-06-2014 at 04:38 PM.