View Single Post
Old 04-15-2018, 07:03 PM

Really enjoyed your write up, thanks! I`m going to go one more step.. I get this question on a regular basis and have explained to the look of dis belief that this is not a problem with a modern brake system. For several reason like you have explained the modern cars do not exhibit this issue, larger master bore size, more residual back pressure, reactive pistons etc.. have all but made this problem about extinct. There is always a slight amount of pad knock back on a mono block caliper and even a pin guided caliper at times (even ones with piston springs..they do not stop it from happening, they just fix it). Newton`s third law: every action has a reaction. When pistons on a bank are pressed the opposite bank reacts by extending, this was observed on a 4 channel F body set up with Brembo 4 piston rear brakes on a c-clip axle with approx .020 of end play...no springs, no residual valve. No pedal drop, no recovery pump. I`m sure I could measure the residual pressure for argument sake but the fact is there is no problem driving\tracking this set-up and for as many rears Ive converted, (alot!) no complaints logged to date. Thanks !