View Single Post
Old 12-27-2018, 01:28 PM

Looks pretty good and 3/16 is a pretty good thickness for the top. What are you planning to do on the bench? Is it for welding, finish work, beating things on? I made some benches for my shop and am happy with them for the most part.

Mine have casters and adjustable legs to lock it in and level them. I move them around quite often. One thing I didn't realize is how much the casters flex, I need to add an upper gusset. over time the pedestal adjusters start to drag. I also wish the lower cross bars were higher. I'd make them high enough you can get a TIG pedal and you foot under them easily. On mine I also have an upper bar added for clamps, I use it a lot and like it.

Ultimately I moved the bench I made into a bench for hammering on and bought a table from Weldtables. I'm pretty happy with the table overall for the $$. I think it was ~$300 It wasn't as flat as they advertised but was much much better than what I made and the holes make welding setup very nice. It's the 3/16 version and if i did it again I may consider the 1/2" version at least so its a little flatter. but again for the $$ I like it
Attached Images