View Single Post
Old 05-18-2020, 12:30 AM

Moving into the boot / trunk area, i had an Accusump, battery, fuel and diff breathers to mount.

Decided to simply mount the Accusump directly to the rear bulkhead with the supplied brackets and some plates with taped holes in them welded to the car.

I then decided the best place for the fuel and diff breathers was just in front of that, however there was no flat surface large enough to mount them too as they are a bulkhead style canister that protrudes under the floor. I wanted it to look like a factory hump in the floor so i bought a cheap shrinker stretcher and set about making the piece with nice radiused edges to match the round canisters. Working with these metal shaping tools gives you a massive appreciation for the professionals who make it look oh so easy! Either way I'm quite happy with the results, i will grind down the welds to make it look like a factory pressed piece later.

Finally it was time for a battery tray, a lot of people sink them into the floor, however in Aus modifying the factory frame rails would be an issue for registration. So i have built a mount to level the battery even with the car. I could have simply bolted the billet bracket to the floor, but I'm trying to avoid having any fasteners / unnecessary holes pass through the body.

I again matched the contour of the billet bracket with the shrinker stretcher and welded captive nuts to the underside. I built a flange onto it so I can plug weld this to the car once i have decided on a final position for it and seam sealed beneath it.

All that's left in this area now is a fuel pump access hatch once i have had my fuel tank modified to fit the intank setup.

Last edited by jaba; 05-18-2020 at 12:36 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jaba For This Useful Post:
camcojb (05-18-2020), Goosesdad (05-18-2020), waynieZ (05-18-2020)