View Single Post
Old 10-05-2021, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhutton View Post
Suggestion to verify timing and AFR is an excellent one imho.

Based on what I know about you I know that you would enjoy logging and analyzing your AFR…

Don
Don... I'm trying to get an appointment with a local tuner shop and have him take a look at everything (carb, ignition, timing, vacuum, and anything else that might affect cooling). Radiator is Cold Case's CHC11 which is their BBC model. The VA condenser is mounted according to VA's instructions, bolted to the front of the core support. The water pump is a high flow model that was included with the serpentine kit. The EMP/Stewart thermostat should rule out air trapped in the system, but we'll see. Here's a little video clip of a cold start showing coolant slowly moving, and of course it flies thru there when the motor is warmed up.

https://youtu.be/f9zE_8KdXWU

Someone had suggested moving the temp sensor away from the lower radiator hose neck, but I would think that's where the temp would be the coolest (?) once the car is warmed up and riding down the highway?

As far as fans go, with a 23" wide and 16" high core, the two 12" fans are about as big as I can go diameter wise, and because I'm extremely tight depth wise, I can't use a fan that's more than 3" deep from shroud flange to the rear edge of the motor housing. DeRale tech support emailed me last night and said the 16925 comes wired as a puller, is 12" and 3-1/8" deep and pulls 2000 CFM at zero static pressure. After I get some tuner info, I might buy one from Amazon and see if I can squeeze it in there, although the fans should not be a factor at 65mph. I haven't really explored the SPAL brushless 12" fans but I would guess they'd fit being even flatter. Don't know if you can even buy them without a shroud which I shouldn't need.

Mike