View Single Post
Old 09-24-2021, 08:09 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Default Help me drop my C10,properly

I bought my 86 C10 lowered, but I think there's room for improvement. I know the truck has drop spindles and it is not c-notched or flipped in the rear. They removed leaves from the springs and I believe heated the front coils to get them to drop. The ride is smooth but feels a little bouncy and not great, really. They did put good BellTech shocks on the truck.

I've never lowered a truck before so I could use some advice. My options as I see them is to purchase a complete kit from someone like Western Chassis or Ride Tech. Western has springs included which is why I was considering them.

I'm not trying to build a truck that handles. I want a good, controlled ride that doesn't beat you up. I'm just not sure if any of these kits from places like Western Chassis will ride well. For all I know they take the crappiest shocks available and spray them in nice paint. I figure I could always add a thicker sway bar if I need to tighten the truck up through corners.

With RideTech, I know I'll get a great setup. Just not sure it's worth the price since I'm not trying to build a truck that handles.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Insight from those that have lowered trucks before?

Oh, I'm looking at a 4/6 drop and bolt on. I love 5/7 but don't want to have trouble on bumps and rough roads. The truck has 20's on it now. I measure about 28" in the front and 28.5" for overall diameter in the rear.

Thanks!

Current rides: 2000 BMW 540i/6 and 86 C10.

Former ride: 1979 Trans Am WS6: LT1/T56, Kore 3 C5/6 brakes, BMW 18in rims