View Single Post
Old 01-08-2017, 10:11 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 572Camaro View Post
I checked out the online article of your ride. Your car is so killer! I really like the subtle theme of your paint work, engine compartment, and all the detail is just over the top!
Anyway, thank you for sharing your experience with the shoot.
It had to be seriously stressful to be stuck in traffic and trying to get to a photo shoot that is so cool.
Here is why I asked:
My car is getting a feature in CHP this spring, at least that is what Nick Lacata indicated and I want to be ready for the photographer where we do a shoot with a nuclear plant in the background, which takes more than a little coordination.
Any advice you can give me would be much appreciated. I am nervous..,
Again, really nice job on the car build..,
Thank you,
572 Camaro. (Jim G)
Thanks again for the compliments!
My basic plan for this was meeting the photographer where he was comfortable and familiar with the terrain. I showed as much of the detail I could and described the work done in the area that he was shooting. Then the next. He then could capture some of those details. Other than that, I just followed as needed but let Richard do his magic. I had all the detail work done before loading it up, but brought everything I could think of "just in case". Photographers are artists, so I let him do just that, make art. Don't be nervous, just enjoy the experience. The shoot may take a few hours. Be prepared, not just the car. We were right on the SF bay, the fog rolled in, it got windy and cold! I had coats, hats etc. I also had snacks, water.. I had also been on the road a for a while.

Chris
70 Chevelle. Roadster Shop Chassis, The shop llc/ Jon Lind interior LS3/6speed. Thanks to Precision Classics and Collision Eugene, Or. http://precision-classics.com/
Build thread:https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=39517