View Single Post
Old 12-06-2018, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJDMan View Post
Turns out that Greg Weld has a PPG sequential 6 speed in his new track car. But this is a purpose built racecar that will never see any street driving. I don't think the PPG T56 dog box would be very appropriate for the street.
I have the same trans in my car. I've driven a Viper with one, and if you have your ECM programming right, drives like an almost normal car. It is a little clunky, but it's a dog box, they all are. Stop and go traffic, your just going to hold the clutch. Pushing to neutral and back and forth just wasn't worth it to me.

PPG just released a synchronized version of the gear set, so same sequential shift, just have to use the clutch to change gears, but no clunky dog box.

Price on the gear sets has come down to around 14K. I know, still stupid money, but the gear sets can consistently hold almost 2000HP from these Vipers, so your not going to break it!.

The shifter on the PPG just mounts on a plate and is connected via a single mechanical link rod, so the shifter can be mounted about anywhere. I went with an XL tail shaft to move the shifter inline with the steering wheel. Just barely move your hand off the wheel and it falls right on the shifter.

You can see in Greg's vid of Benny driving, he is having to "reach" to shift the car. The shifter location could be moved for better driver ergonomics.

www.CJDAUTOMOTIVE.com

"I own a Mopar, so I already know it won't be in stock, won't ship tomorrow, and won't actually fit without modification."

Last edited by CJD Automotive; 12-06-2018 at 08:46 AM.