Thread: Twin turbo 69
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2017, 12:26 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clill View Post
You are looking at alot of aggravation by trying to use that pump you already have. Say goodbye to it. The Mule had twin turbos and external pumps were a nightmare. Unless you are on the throttle you are bypassing most of the gasoline, slowly heating it up and returning it to the tank. When it gets hot enough you will kill that pump you wanted to use. Spend the money on a Ricks tank with proper in tank pumps with a Vaporworks controller. Alot of those external pumps are great for supporting big hp but usually only for drag cars that don't run extended periods of time.....If you are just doing a drag car ignore what I posted.

Glad someone with the experience came in to post what I didn't want to (as I haven't had this first hand). Ricks and Vaporworks are the way to go. Is 1500hp flywheel or rear wheel expectation? For flywheel you can likely get away with two CTS-V pumps. All comes down to the setup (injectors, fuel used, etc). If going for that rear wheel, you'll likely want to step up to a 485 walbro configuration (3+ pumps) and work with Carl C at vaporworx to manage the control. That will be my eventual upgrade on my car when I find the limits of the dual V pump setup
2018 GMC Denali HD