View Single Post
Old 09-11-2018, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 214Chevelle View Post
This is what pisses me off about carbon fiber. It's pretty. but costs an arm and a leg and it doesn't fit. A lot aftermarket parts may not, but they aren't as expensive as carbon fiber either. LOL!!

To be fair the rear tail panel body lines are no longer factory. I couldn't decide whether to paint or not when I purchased but obviously I decided to paint it. I will say the fit was not great on the car in stock form either though to your point.

The issue for me was the first gen F-bodys have a slight convex curve to the rear tail panel. That is hidden by the large recess in the factory bumper. The Anvil bumper doesn't have that and when you pull it in tight to the body it won't allow it since the CF bumper is rigid straight. So relief cuts to get the slight curve and reshape the backside for a deeper recess so it will suck into the body. Same with the bumper ears as we had to shorten the bumper. All that to get an end result of a bumper tight to the body but not frenched in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhutton View Post
Curious what you used to bond all those saw cuts back together. I used the fiberglass version of that bumper but my standards must be lower because I was able to use it with only minor bolt relocations. I’ve got another one here for a second car. Hoping I don’t have to get that extreme. I noticed it has only two attachment bolts versus six on the earlier one.

Thanks,
Don
I am not sure but I know they have done a lot of fiberglass work in the past. I will ask them.
This one had six attachment points as well. Four on the rear piece then one on each ear which was pieced back together again.

Last edited by cjfirstgen; 11-02-2018 at 01:12 PM.