View Single Post
Old 05-29-2014, 06:25 PM

Time to post some more updates…progress is slow and steady. Trying not to cut any corners but the anticipation of finishing this someday is killing me….and my wife.

Here’s some of the things I’ve worked on since the last post:
• Dry sump tank installation
• Engine bay down bars
• Brake lines
• Brake/Clutch reservoir installation
• Console customization
• Battery/Power distribution panel install
• Fuel Tank and wiring install
• Throwing money at the engine build
Updates mean nothing without pics so here’s some documentation:
My Dry sump “relocation” program has taken an extensive amount of time and I’m still not done. Actually I once gave up and welded the cowl back up and after trying to find another location I cut the cowl back off to take another run at it, so I’m a bit stubborn. Working on the access door has proved to be the most difficult. I found that the an early 2000’s Hyundai fuel door fits in the top fender area nicely therefore I’m using that as my “model” although the hinge doesn’t get me the tight gap lines so I’m going to use a chevy fuel door hinge…..this is a work in progress. I had Peterson build me a tank especially for the cowl area and optimize my volume therefore I’ve gotta figure out how to make it work.

I noticed once on got the car on all fours again that there was still some flex in the front clip when I jack the car so I decided to add some support bars. I’m using the slick bar flanges from Chris at ….. and used some 1”emt to mock up what angles and where to position the mounts. As you can see I made pockets in the front wheel wells to receive the bar flanges. Now just need to get some 13/4” bars bent and I’ll weld them in.