View Single Post
Old 05-29-2014, 06:25 PM

Got my front brakes plumbed and routed, used the emergency brake hole in the fire wall and I welded in 1/8” female threaded pipe and welded them into the frame, then to clean up the fittings I made my own “tee”.

Also worked on getting the master cylinders installed and plumbed. I’m hoping not the regret this down the road but having everything under the dash makes it real clean but any maintenance or adjustments will make it burdensome.

I recently saw a console from a late model Camaro with some instrumentation mods. I really liked it and set off to mimic it. Lot of work but it looks real good (first time I worked with plastics) but I’m happy with it so far although I’ll go get the entire piece dipped (hydro graphics – carbon fiber visuals). I’ll also relocate the E-Brake to the console.

Really spending some time on optimizing wiring and routing…..so for some background info I’m using the ISIS system with a trunk mounted battery. Secondly I’m also using the Vaporworx fuel system so to make it compact and clean I decided to build a “rear power distribution” panel sitting between the battery and back seat. I used both sides of the panel to optimize space and clean up the wire runs. I’ll powder coat the metal black along with the tank once I get everything fitted, wires run and mounts established.

Also working the entire wiring diagram for the car and I’ll use the existing ’67 style switches for activation, a lot of detail and thought before starting cutting and terminating wires. I’ll also use military style round bulkhead connectors, 1 for the 12v requirements up front and 1 connector for the Holley ECU.

No pics on the engine build yet….i would’ve assumed it would’ve been down by now but as I’ve realized everything is underestimated cost and time…Waiting on the Callie Crank apparently they didn’t have any 8 bolt cranks on the shelf. So we’re waiting Crank and Cam everything else is here waiting for assembly.