View Single Post
Old 08-13-2015, 12:04 PM

Ditched the 8.5:1 comp #92 heads and went with some #46 62cc heads that my friend had leftover from his Poncho build that never took off. From my understanding, these should raise compression to 10.0:1. The only downside to these heads are the pressed in rocker studs...I've got a set of threaded studs on standby, but I'm honestly not sure if I'm gonna need them right now. I plan on keeping the factory rocker ratio.

Dual valvesprings, fresh parts all around.

So for now, the short block will be the original 326, and the top end and front of the engine will be updated to factory '69+ 400 standards. I'll be using an OEM 400/455 4 barrel manifold with a 750cfm Quadrajet. I'm saving the Edelbrock manifold for the 400 build later on.

Which brings us to the transmission...originally planned on going with a 700R4, but I had a co-worker basically give me a Pontiac TH350 from a Firebird. Turns out it was in fantastic shape, but as with everything else on this car, I wanted to go through it to make sure it was going to be safe to operate.

Mid-teardown...

And awhile later, after everything was completely cleaned, fresh frictions and shift kit installed, all reassembled and ready to go (aside from paint, haha.)

*WHEW* I think that brings me up to speed on updating this thread...like I said in the last post, once we moved in it was non-stop around here. I've basically been watching the UPS guy drop off boxes and then they get moved to the garage and sit until I had a block of time to knock it all out. But, having the parts at the machine shop while I was in school was a great move on my part, and when the spring and summer semesters were over, I had about a month to put EVERYTHING together, and I somehow made it happen. Unfortunately, fall semester starts on Monday so I'm sure it'll be awhile before I get to work on it again.