View Single Post
Old 03-20-2018, 10:07 PM

Default Wow. Time flies

Been a while. Life always seems to get in the way.
Build update (short version)
Got back on the car build about 18 months ago. And....
I fell down the rabbit hole and completely rebuilt the car from the ground up. New everything. And I mean everything ..... Every Nut, Bolt, and Wire is new. The only thing that remains of the original car is the Firewall, Subframe, and internal body structure. All exterior sheet metal is new.

Engine is a 6.0 LQ9 with a Texas Speed Torquer V4 Cam, Fast LSXR 92 Intake, and Speedtech Headers.
Trans is a 4L60e built by Phoenix Transmissions with one of their custom converters.
Suspension is all Speedtech. Narrowed Currie 9" with Speedtech Torque Arm setup. Viking Coil Overs all the way around.
RestoMod Air Haymaker System.
Fesler Flush Mount Glass front and rear
Car will be wrapped in Satin Pearl White with Forgeline wheels and Nitto Invos in 255/40/18 and 325/30/19
I'm doing a lot of custom stuff on the interior that is looking really cool.
Here is the best part! I am building this car myself! To be fair, I had the bodywork done by pros cuz I am not a body man. I had the engine bottom end machined and I built the rest. I had the tranny built by pros.
Other than that, it has been a lot of late nights at the shop by myself....and to be honest....I wouldn't have it any other way. The sense of accomplishment to see something that you have dreamed of and planned out for many years come to life by your own hands is incredible.
Much more to come, but here’s a quick look.. Hoping to have the car completed in the next month or so.

'68 Camaro
'96 Impala SS (Built 12-13-96 The last day of SS production)

68 Camaro build

Last edited by 68LQ9; 03-22-2018 at 01:36 AM.