View Single Post
Old 03-27-2021, 10:18 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Default installing a replacement vinyl window

Alright everyone, I know this is a car forum but we've got some smart and ingenious people on here so I'm hoping one of you can help me. I cannot figure out how to install this vinyl replacement window in my house.

Last year, I had my master bathroom redone. I had the contractor buy a third window at the time for future installation in the other bathroom. The future is now. Unfortunately, I did not see how they installed the two in the master. I also can't get them to come out and install this third one now as they're too busy.

I've read a lot about installing windows and every single time they say put screws through the window frame into the house framing. There are no screws visible holding the two windows in in the master bath. I see nothing holding those windows in. There are no filled holes or beauty caps. There's nothing visible. Since these are replacement windows, there's no flange along the outside that gets covered by siding either.

Anyone have an idea how the window should be secured to the house? It's just a 24" single hung window.

Current rides: 2000 BMW 540i/6 and 86 C10.

Former ride: 1979 Trans Am WS6: LT1/T56, Kore 3 C5/6 brakes, BMW 18in rims