View Single Post
Old 01-17-2022, 10:37 AM

Default Body work & Epoxy Prime

I took my first "swipe" at body working before primer. Literally, my 1st time ever. Definitely a steep learning curve but managed to get the panels much better before the epoxy went on. it took me about 3 weeks and I could have easily went another 3 weeks. I just didn't want to leave the poor gal naked any longer. I would have liked, and tried to accomplish, getting the car off the rotisserie a couple weeks ago but it didn't work out. Now my plan is to leave it on there a while longer, at least get that body much closer to high-build and blocking only before I take it down. It's just so much easier to work on it on the rotisserie. I'd be shooting myself in the foot if i take it off and try to work through the remaining issues. I'm even considering fitting and working the doors before i take it down. I'm pretty sure I want to base and clear the car assembled. I don't think I want to paint this car in pieces and then assemble because that pretty much means assembling it, taking it apart, painting it and then re-assembling it. It feels like assembling it and then painting it is the right move for me. I do think I will try to paint the jambs early though.

I've got some other things to work on and honestly, I need a break from the body work/paint stuff for a bit. Planning on fabricating some wheel stands, getting the front tires mounted and dropping off the seats for upholstery next. I've also got to dust off the engine, squirt the cylinders and turn it over a few times per the builder. I've really got to reorganize my garage and make some changes there too. I've officially accumulated more tools and parts than I can reasonably store in there, and in my house! The collection of paint and body tools put me over the limit! There is likely a storage shed project in my immediate future.
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kmelander For This Useful Post:
camcojb (01-17-2022), Roscoe03 (01-20-2022)