View Single Post
Old 01-24-2022, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camcojb View Post
They are supposed to be parallel. As close as possible anyway, the joints allow for a bit of misalignment. Bummer that the floorpan isn't identical to the original as that's how they locate the brackets (off the seat belt holes).

I would think DSE could answer this if you get the right guy. I found the guy below who did the install on a new floor pan.

This is great info. I am surprised that DSE doesn't call out some kind of measurement check or spacing. The links pivot along their axis, but if the bolts aren't concentric they can bind (when the links are parallel).

I was able to find this:
https://www.camaros.net/threads/rear...rement.410122/

Sounds like someone else had a seat belt mount problem too with AMD panels. They seems to fit pretty well, but there is always some small detail that isn't right. They are definitely some of the better panels I've used, though a seat belt mount probably has a pretty loose tolerance.

Edit: I contacted DSE a couple of times. No response, kind of disappointing. They are going through the ownership change, so everyone is probably busy.