View Single Post
Old 02-03-2022, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69C40Hx View Post
This probably isn't very helpful but I installed my DSE quadralink in my car with original floors and used their stencil to cut out the holes according to the seat belt mount hole. Bolted the DSE quadralink pockets parallel with the factory groove/line on the floor pan next to the wheel tub, welded it up, and everything came out perfect. I bought the DSE 9" housing with the quadralink brackets already welded on and everything lined up perfect. Let me know if there is anything specific that you want me to measure and I can take a look for you.
So you bolted the links to the rear end and then welded the pockets in? I don't have my diff yet, so I'm trying to get these geometrically as close as possible to something.

The assumption that I'm making is that these links are parallel, meaning the spacing on the differential is that same as the link pockets. The link mounts on the differential are 14.75" off centerline, or 29.5" center to center. I've been measuring off the rocker panel to set my left/right position. (EDIT: Don't use the driveshaft tunnel for centerline. It's not on centerline... should be off because of the pinion. That gave me a few seconds of panic) I think I am going to make a jig to align the bolt holes so that they are perfectly concentric.

I feel like they supplied more detailed measurements for the mini tubs.

Last edited by zdub; 02-03-2022 at 07:21 PM.