Thread: Project FNQUIK
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2017, 09:03 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

You got it AJ, just a CH under 4.5"

I made up the steam hose, but would like some opinions. I want to run the hose under the Radiator hose and tap in the bottom of the fitting at about 5 o clock. Where it goes in the fitting is higher than the highest point on the engine that has cooling water. I think it will work but would rather check before I put any Gates shrink clamps on it.

Here it is.

I put the top heat exchanger line on to test fit. I was going to use short pieces of hose to connect the bends I had to use to get under the radiator support. When I did I figured a way to just have the tubing welded with the angles I needed and weld a -16 fitting on the end to connect the hose that goes to the supercharger lid. The hose you see on it is just to hold it so the welder can set it up to weld.

It comes up on the other side of the Rad support.

In this picture you can see the Radiator hose I made up with a coupler between two pieces of hose. It needs to be seperated in the middle so it goes on the waterpump a little further.
Also in this picture you can see the hose from the intercooler reservoir going into the pump. Because of the way I had to get around the fan it was collapsing a little so I ordered some XRP flat wound internal support coil to keep it open. I installed it and installed the fitting and it's good to go now.

What are you guys using to cut your braided hose?

Last edited by waynieZ; 06-23-2017 at 09:06 PM.