Thread: '55 G machine
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2014, 04:17 PM

Default '55 G machine

I worked this '55 Chevy out for an ad on our website. We're going to start pushing our Hot Rod Subframe universal front frame and suspension kit for street rods and classics at car shows and such. I needed a cool pre 60's car to use as an example so I came up with this rendering.

I really dig satin finish pain jobs so I went with satin orange metallic and satin black on this car. Front facia trim and door handles remain chrome to create a big contrast between satin paint and bling of the chrome and also ties into the rim hoops. All other trim is blacked out to tie into the rim centers, stripes and top half of the paint scheme. I included old school gasser ties with front bumper delete and Nomad rear wheel arches, but everything else is all new school. Slammed suspension via Speedtech frame clip, fat 19 & 20" Forgelines, 14" Baers, minitubbed with 345-30-20s out back, a T56 and hmmm, LS powered? Maybe a pro charged new Camaro V6 to shave off a little weight? ...What would you power it with?

Last edited by Ben@SpeedTech; 01-18-2014 at 04:22 PM.