Thread: FJ40 thread....
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2017, 10:50 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketzer View Post
I'll be interested to hear your thoughts after your confab with Matt on that HDX. Especially how the speedo works and the gear selector display for our autos, how it gets it's signal.

I'm planning on using the new Lokar shifter they debuted at SEMA. Has a side gate for the manual shift option and we can get a 16" stick so with a black knob, it will resemble a stock FJ setup.
Hey guys, I am here to answer any questions.

On the shift indicator.. It is a "BIM" module they sell. The sender bolts up to the tranny linkage and sends the signal to the BIM module, which then just plugs into the main HDX or VHX computer. Most all BIM modules are about the footprint of a credit card and about 1" thick.

There are many data items that can be displayed with the HDX all at once vs scrolling as you would with the VHX. You can also choose your screen layout and customize to suit your needs. There are 3 screens you can setup and even choose the colors of the text, grid lines, etc!

Thanks
Matt
866-628-8746

TEXT ONLY: 925-989-9091 (Replied 8-4)

www.mcbparts.com

Email: [email protected]

Like us on Facebook for exclusive offers, info and chat: www.facebook.com/mcbparts

Hours: Monday to Friday 8am - 4pm Pacific
We ALWAYS enjoy talking to our customers!
We have a full time staff to answer ALL Questions, Tech Support or Order Status Tracking!